Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 08:48 pm
@Sabz5150,
It was planted there by God.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 11:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53118 wrote:
It was planted there by God.

LOL, Oh so god planted all of the evidence for evolution?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 10:45 am
@Sabz5150,
Isn't that what you want all of the 'anti-evolutionists' to say (I'm gonna assume that comment was at least partially directed at me.)
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 01:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53147 wrote:
Isn't that what you want all of the 'anti-evolutionists' to say (I'm gonna assume that comment was at least partially directed at me.)

No, we want you to say "you guys are right, evolution is so right. I was stupid for thinking creationism was the way to go."
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 05:53 pm
@Sabz5150,
I don't have to concede anything, I never said anything about evolution.

Were you referring to me as an 'anti-evolutionist' when you made that comment? I do seem to be the most likely suspect to comment on Sabz's threads negatively.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 06:26 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53169 wrote:
I don't have to concede anything, I never said anything about evolution.

Were you referring to me as an 'anti-evolutionist' when you made that comment? I do seem to be the most likely suspect to comment on Sabz's threads negatively.

Honestly, what are your beliefs? I've never seen you post 'em. Do you take the God route with origins and leave everything else up to nature? Do you go for 6,000 years or 4.5 billion? Pandas and People or Panda's Thumb?

I'm not gonna argue you on it whatsoever in this thread, I just wanna know.

I don't think he was swinging at you, you simply happened to be in the way. I've bashed heads with a few people here, mainly the same ones as Fatal.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 06:55 am
@Sabz5150,
Quote:
Do you take the God route with origins and leave everything else up to nature?

Second I guess (but really, if it were God in any conventional sense, he would be behind nature too.)

Quote:
Do you go for 6,000 years or 4.5 billion?

Neither.

Quote:
Pandas and People or Panda's Thumb?

Somewhere in between.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 05:37 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53154 wrote:
No, we want you to say "you guys are right, evolution is so right. I was stupid for thinking creationism was the way to go."

Intelligent Design, dude. Intelligent Design. Science only reveals the glorious work of God. It can never disprove God, or even reveal Him directly to Man. That's the ultimately hidden dimension. It's the 'divine cosmos', as Plato would say. Only in the end, when we stand before the Lord on Judgment Day, will it become so very clear.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 07:46 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53284 wrote:
Intelligent Design, dude. Intelligent Design. Science only reveals the glorious work of God. It can never disprove God, or even reveal Him directly to Man. That's the ultimately hidden dimension. It's the 'divine cosmos', as Plato would say. Only in the end, when we stand before the Lord on Judgment Day, will it become so very clear.

Science is not in the business of disproving anything.

The problem comes with the fact that you can in no way prove God's existence, nor the existence of this "hidden dimension". No tests can be made, no predictions can be made, no physical evidence can be brought forth.

That's why ID is being swiftly booted from schools.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:39 pm
@Sabz5150,
My question is If god or other supernatural "stuff" cannot be perceived or other wise recorded/tested then what does it matter if it exists or not? it's like if i have an invisible non-physical ghost in my living room, then what does it matter if it exists if it affects me or other people in no way?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:27 pm
@Sabz5150,
Quote:
My question is If god or other supernatural "stuff" cannot be perceived or other wise recorded/tested then what does it matter if it exists or not?
Tell that to the scientists looking for black matter.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:28 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53843 wrote:
Tell that to the scientists looking for black matter.

assume you mean "dark matter", but anyway, it can be tested and it's effects can be measured.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:43 pm
@Sabz5150,
To my knowledge it has yet to be proven?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:48 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53853 wrote:
To my knowledge it has yet to be proven?

You're mostly right. Though its existance cannot be conclusively proven, the scientific community generally accepts that the existance of Dark matter is probable.

"Dark matter may consist of dust, planets, intergalactic gas formed of ordinary matter, or of MACHOs [Massive Astrophysical Compact Halo Objects], nonluminous bodies such as burned-out stars, black holes, and brown dwarfs; these are the so-called hot dark matter and would be dispersed uniformly throughout the universe. The discovery in 2001 of a large concentration of white dwarf stars in the halo surrounding the Milky Way indicates that these burned-out stars could represent as much as a third of the dark matter in the universe."
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:02 pm
@Sabz5150,
"it can be tested and it's effects can be measured." how so when it hasn't been proven to exist by scientific standards?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:05 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53860 wrote:
"it can be tested and it's effects can be measured." how so when it hasn't been proven to exist by scientific standards?

Dark matter if it exist,which it most likely does, can be measeure by it's gravitational force it exerts. Scientists use the idea of Dark matter to explain the abnormal movement of certain astronomical entities.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53863 wrote:
Dark matter if it exist,which it most likely does, can be measeure by it's gravitational force it exerts. Scientists use the idea of Dark matter to explain the abnormal movement of certain astronomical entities.
Quote:
can be measeure by it's gravitational force it exerts.
Doesn't sound right to me.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:40 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Are you gonna nitpick everything to death? I have to say it's rather annoying.
0 Replies