[answered]I seem to have lost all the PMs sent......

nimh

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:46 pm
Hello

My Inbox is 54% full - its got PMs that came in since Sept 6. The list continues in my Savebox (94% full), which got all the PMs I received up till Aug 23.

But for the PMs I sent out, something strange is the matter. I used to move PMs into the Savebox (before that got full), so the PMs I sent out until July 15 are there. But you'd expect, then, all the PMs I sent later to still be in my Sentbox. But I just checked and it got only two PMs, both ones that I sent today.

What could have happened with all the PMs I sent out in between July 15 and November 15? I sure did not delete them. I've only sometimes deleted PMs, and did so very cautiously / selectively.

Is there any way to get them back? Some of them meant a lot to me ... like a diary. Or letters.

Thanks.

nimh
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 595 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:55 pm
I've been looking into it. Looks like this happened to everyone (mine are gone too).

I don't think they will be recoverable as it would mean merging databases will millions of records. It would take me days and I'd have to keep A2K offline the whole time as it'd not be possible to merge to a database that's being written to live.

I'm pretty sure I've nailed down the reason it happened but I doubt I will be able to restore them.
0 Replies