Be Black

Fri 14 May, 2010 04:10 pm
Yesterday I was listening to a black radio talk station here in Baltimore (wolb) for about a half hour. At the end of the show the comment "BE BLACK'' was said a few times. If any of the talk stations I usually listen to ended a show with "BE WHITE'' they would be run off of the air! Why the double standard?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 15 • Views: 10,160 • Replies: 74
Topic Closed

shewolfnm

Fri 14 May, 2010 04:15 pm
Oh my god. Thats hillarious.

They really said that? Laughing

I guess Im going to have to learn what this 'black' thing is so that I can BE THAT more often. Sounds like fun.
djjd62

Fri 14 May, 2010 04:18 pm
@shewolfnm,
pamela r has really opened my eyes to this black thing, apparently if your black you can get free shoes from foot locker after montreal canadian games

Pamela Rosa wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2010/05/13/montreal-vandalism-cp865105.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Fri 14 May, 2010 04:19 pm
I have the correct hair and I can dance. Does that count?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Fri 14 May, 2010 04:33 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Quote:
If any of the talk stations I usually listen to ended a show with "BE WHITE'' they would be run off of the air!

No they wouldn't. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk about the superiority of "European Culture". Pat Buchanan has gone even futher.

Not only are they not run off the air--- they are making obscene amounts of money. (So stop whining like a little girl.)

eoe

Fri 14 May, 2010 05:26 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:
If any of the talk stations I usually listen to ended a show with "BE WHITE'' they would be run off of the air!

No they wouldn't. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk about the superiority of "European Culture". Pat Buchanan has gone even futher.

Not only are they not run off the air--- they are making obscene amounts of money. (So stop whining like a little girl.)

High-five!
Victor Murphy

Fri 14 May, 2010 05:37 pm
@eoe,
BITE ME!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Fri 14 May, 2010 06:22 pm
@eoe,
Thanks, Eoe.

Be White.
0 Replies

Amigo

Fri 14 May, 2010 08:03 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Victor Murphy wrote:

Yesterday I was listening to a black radio talk station here in Baltimore (wolb) for about a half hour. At the end of the show the comment "BE BLACK'' was said a few times. If any of the talk stations I usually listen to ended a show with "BE WHITE'' they would be run off of the air! Why the double standard?

Because if white people were to "be white" they would take over the whole world. They have to suppress themselves and give their energy to elevate others while holding themselves back. They are trying to create a type of equality that does not exsist in nature so they can be "good people".

Bi-Polar Bear

Fri 14 May, 2010 08:08 pm
I would be black if I was allowed to have a black mullet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/barry.jpg
Green Witch

Fri 14 May, 2010 08:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
When I lived in NYC, I used to see young black guys on the subway wearing the strangest mix of clothing - baggy ripped jeans, big orange acrylic sweater, mismatched socks, white Nikes, a fake rolex, topped off with something like a red and blue baseball cap bearing some corporate logo - and I would be amazed how cool and tough they still looked. A white guy would be pushed onto the train tracks wearing such an outfit.
0 Replies

eoe

Fri 14 May, 2010 08:28 pm
You guys are a trip!
Be White!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 14 May, 2010 08:59 pm
@Amigo,
Victor Murphy wrote:

Amigo wrote:
Because if white people were to "be white" they would take over the whole world. They have to suppress themselves and give their energy to elevate others while holding themselves back.

They are trying to create a type of equality that does not exsist in nature so they can be "good people".
No 2 things are equal. Not even genetically (allegedly) identical twins are equal.

David
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Sat 15 May, 2010 03:53 am
@Amigo,
Bull Crap
djjd62

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:08 am
now that i think about be black is a ridiculous statement

most be's are black and yellow

http://www.impactlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Bees-5432145.jpg
0 Replies

High Seas

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:12 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

No they wouldn't. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk about the superiority of "European Culture".

Western Civilization is 3,000 years old - started by Greeks and Romans, who also detested their local "coloreds". From Plutarch's "Moralia":
Quote:
...The Romans and Greeks appear alike to have held the Jews in detestation....Doubtless much of the cruel persecution of the early Christians is to be attributed to their identification with the Jewish race.

In all millenia of recorded history the only credible challenge to Western Civilization has come from the Far East (China and Japan). I just don't believe that anyone white would have dropped nuclear weapons on civilians who looked just like his own relatives; and contemporary documents also show nobody seriously considered bombing the communists in East Berlin, but those in Vietnam were free game.

You may not like Western Civilization (which you call "European culture") but what alternative do you have on offer?

djjd62

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:28 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
You may not like Western Civilization (which you call "European culture") but what alternative do you have on offer?

i've heard of these folks called human beings, perhaps they could take over
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:48 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk about the superiority of "European Culture".

Rush Limbaugh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

Quote:
In 1994,(Clarence) Thomas performed the wedding ceremony for radio host Rush Limbaugh and his wife, Marta Fitzgerald
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas

kum ba yah my lord
kum ba yah
High Seas

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:50 am
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
..... if white people were to "be white" they would take over the whole world. They have to suppress themselves and give their energy to elevate others while holding themselves back.

That's nonsense - very many non-white peoples have made major contributions to Western Civilization.

All great Western empires became and stayed great by welcoming and using talent not native to them - in fact so did all great empires, not just those of the West. Just one example among millions - ever wondered why our numbers are called "Arabic numerals"?!
0 Replies

djjd62

Sat 15 May, 2010 05:51 am
@Pamela Rosa,
here's a handy tip, if you're at wedding and Clarence Thomas is officiating, don't order a Coke at the reception