Be Black

Miller

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Bella Dea wrote:
I'll admit to feeling a little out of sorts when being the only white person in a room.
Miller wrote:
Why do you suppose?
Doctor: thank u. Thank u. Thank U! for your well-considered advice qua ridding myself of cramps!
I went to a drug store and got Potassium & Magnesiun pills, over-the-counter dietary supplements and my PAINFUL cramps,
of many years standing, ended.
Its wonderful! U r a very good doctor!!!
U r a genius of your profession!

David

David:

The latest issue of Parabola ( Summer 2010) is devoted to the afterlife. Get a copy. You'll love it.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:16 am
@Miller,
I will; thank u.

David
0 Replies

aidan

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:19 am
@Bella Dea,
Quote:
And when you are the difference in a room, regardless of what the difference is, you often feel off. If I walked into a room wearing a red dress while everyone else was wearing white, I'd feel odd too.

I felt the same way when I went to a gay bar with two of my gay women friends. All of a sudden, I was the one who was deviating from the norm- at that moment in that room.
If I could have pretended to be gay without embarrassing repercussions - I was almost tempted to. I got tired of trying to explain how I could possibly ever want to be straight.
Seriously - by the end of the night - I DID feel that I might be missing something and that there was something wrong with me. Laughing Laughing

Miller

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:20 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

I'm one of those don't trust people until they've earned it.

You make them work for it?

Bella Dea

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:20 am
@aidan,
I hear ya there! You do feel tempted to "when in Rome".
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:21 am
@Miller,
Yes. I do make them work for it. I so think people in general are inherently good but I've been taken too many times and now, cynicism is the result.
0 Replies

aidan

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:22 am
@Bella Dea,

Quote:
I'm one of those don't trust people until they've earned it. White or black. Or green or purple. Or orange or ecru
I've been told/warned many times by many people that I should be more like that - I can't seem to manage it though.
Luckily, it's worked out okay for me - so far anyway.

OmSigDAVID

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:25 am
@Miller,
I Googled Parabola Magazine Summer 2010

It is very intriguing!
Thank u.

David
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Tue 25 May, 2010 07:26 am
@aidan,
If you can be that way adian, be it! I sometimes wish I could be more trusting. It's people like you who give people like me a chance. Wink
0 Replies

Gargamel

Tue 25 May, 2010 10:30 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Pamela Rosa wrote:

Gargamel’s a hypocrite, because he won’t live and he will refuse to live among Blacks, because of their racial characteristics, unchangeable characteristics which, as certain as the law of gravity, will manifest everywhere loud-and-clear.

There are no liberals, zero liberals, who are willing to live in a Black neighborhood.

Bitch, take your lithium and rock back and forth by the window, hoping a few passersby will wave to you before sunset and another lukewarm intermediate care facility dinner. It's what you do best.
Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 27 May, 2010 06:08 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Pamela Rosa wrote:

Gargamel’s a hypocrite, because he won’t live and he will refuse to live among Blacks, because of their racial characteristics, unchangeable characteristics which, as certain as the law of gravity, will manifest everywhere loud-and-clear.

There are no liberals, zero liberals, who are willing to live in a Black neighborhood.

Bitch, take your lithium and rock back and forth by the window, hoping a few passersby will wave to you before sunset and another lukewarm intermediate care facility dinner. It's what you do best.

God that sounds nice. I wish I didn't have so much to do.
Ionus

Thu 27 May, 2010 06:49 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
God that sounds nice. I wish I didn't have so much to do.
I used to wish my life would slow down a little, then I was injured and it damn stopped. Be careful what you wish for...it might come true.
0 Replies

greyowlfive5

Wed 22 May, 2019 12:46 pm
@Amigo,
OWN - black woman, black shows, black awards, black animated shows.... no doubt blacks enjoy this, and that's all good EXCEPT - if whites did this and added the "white" just like blacks do, NAACP would instantly label it racist. Hey, you're right!! It IS racist!!! Go ahead and be racist - and accept others being racist too.
0 Replies

greyowlfive5

Wed 22 May, 2019 12:52 pm
@Victor Murphy,
It is not bull crap, sorry. Humans are not all the same. Why is that a problem for you? We all have strengths and weaknesses - that's the only things we all share equally. Oh, I have a Masters in Sociology.
tsarstepan

Wed 22 May, 2019 01:10 pm
@greyowlfive5,
greyowlfive5 wrote:

Oh, I have a Masters in Sociology.

If you really have a Masters degree (in anything)? Not justifying either side of the argument.... Wouldn't it have been slightly prudent to note that this is a 9+ year old thread by a member who hasn't been around since 2012?
0 Replies