Eat All The Junk Food You Want As Long As You Cook It Yourself

roger

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:21 pm
@hamburgboy,
Ah, but you are in Canada. I think the only beef we allow from Argentina, unless it is somehow canned or otherwise processed. "Health reasons", or maybe a strong agriculture lobby (union).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@sozobe,
Hey, I just realized. . . . I can cook hot dogs!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:51 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/health/02brod.html?em

the Jane Brody review

(more ammo for my anti-Egg Beaters campaign)

Quote:
The new book provides the practical steps, starting with advice to avoid “processed concoctions,” no matter what the label may claim (“no trans fats,” “low cholesterol,” “less sugar,” “reduced sodium,” “high in antioxidants” and so forth).

Quote:
Also avoid foods advertised on television, imitation foods and food products that make health claims. No natural food is simply a collection of nutrients, and a processed food stripped of its natural goodness to which nutrients are then added is no bargain for your body.
0 Replies

johnats

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:15 am
No doubt it is a healthier option to have food cooked at home by yourself. But no matter where it is cooked, eating junk food too frequently is not at all a healthy option. There has to be strict moderation. I like the books quoted here. Maybe I'll pick them up when I get the chance.
0 Replies

stevem13

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 11:49 pm
@sozobe,
This one is funny :“The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead.”
0 Replies