what is the worst film ever made?

mav4ick

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:40 am
There are so many bad films out there for so many diffrent reasons but to quote a good film and its awful sequels there can be only one.... what films are so bad that you get a churning sick feeling in your stomach and an uncontrolable need to poke your own eyes out and throw them at the screen? it was tough but iv narrowed mine down to three.. ok there can only be three!!
1... crossroads
2...cool as ice
3..batman and robin
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 4,211 • Replies: 20
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:20 pm
That thing with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones where he teaches her to be a thief.

That wasn't even bad in the fun bad movie way.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:52 pm
"Chopin" was so deadly boring that we didn't make it past the first half hour or so. "Ocean Twelve" was about as bad. There are several others, but I can't think of the titles off the top of my head, but will return when they surface in my few remaining brain cells.
0 Replies

mav4ick

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:16 pm
@boomerang,
That was called entrapment i think.. i thought it was ok if not for the sole reason of watching cathrine zeta jones run about in those tight skimpy outfits!!! i think iv come across all pervy oh well!!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:42 pm
@mav4ick,
I tried to watch the original Ocean's Eleven at least three or four times, but had to give it up each time. Couldn't begin to want to see the new Ocean's films.
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
FREDDY GOT FINGERED. This is, without doubt, the lamest movie ever made, and I got suckered into renting it one night many years ago.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:38 pm
You're all wrong. It has to be Twister! Helen Hunt running around chasing tornadoes and saying stupid things in a cringe-inducing way, showing us all why she is the most overrated actress of all time.
0 Replies

candide

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:04 pm
I say 300
jespah

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
Butterfly, starring the incomparable Pia Zadora.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 07:49 pm
Children of the Corn V. The first one totally sucked -- then they just got worse. Some sequels should never be made.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:22 pm
http://www.impawards.com/1985/posters/lifeforce.jpg
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:30 pm
This question has been asked before on A2K. Not to worry, I can safely say that the worst movie ever made remains as always, Paul Verhoeven's 1995 film 'Showgirls'. One critic compared watching it to being 'keelhauled in a septic pit'.

It scooped 7 'Razzies' out of 13 nominations. And it's curse lived on..
Rena Riffel, who played Penny/Hope in Showgirls, also was cast in Striptease as Tiffany Glass. Riffel is the only actress to claim back-to-back Razzie Award-winning roles.
0 Replies

dle62

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:57 am
@candide,
I agree. Since when did Leonidas 'King of Sparta' have a Scottish accent? The account of the battle depicted in the film barely related to historical fact, perhaps the director should have revised his knowledge of the classical world before proceeding. How it was nominated for 'Best Movie' beggars belief.
The film relied purely on violence to attract an audience - the depictions of spurting blood astonished me, i have seen this before in such other films of poor content, for example 'Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2. To add to this lack of historical impression would be 'Troy', although not so bad as '300', more research should have been pursued before commiting to film. I am surprised that this has not been follwed by 'The Odyssey'
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:32 am
For me, however, bad casting, inane plot, stupid dialogue, etc. doesn't necessarily translate into 'worst film'. For instance, "Tornado Warning" (Gerald McRaney) personified a low budget B movie, featured a completely implausible plot along with some of the lamest dialogue ever, and was entirely predictable, yet it was sufficiently interesting to hold the attention of my husband to the end. And he dislikes even good disaster movies. As the name of the game for movies for us is escape and/or entertainment, it will stay in our collection.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:22 am
I was looking for a movie to put to put me to sleep last night, and ran across "Speed II: Cruise Control" which, while maybe not the worst film ever made, certainly belongs on the list of really bad movies. (No, I didn't put it on to watch it.)
0 Replies

masterk17

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 01:38 pm
@mav4ick,
Well I think that no one will disagree with me that " Prom Night" was the lamest most irritating film ever.
mav4ick

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:00 pm
@masterk17,
yep wow what a film!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 12:43 am
Any thing with Tom Cruise............if he was never interviewed his films would be palatable........but when he reveals to a newpaper hack that " he always wanted to kill Hitler" it becomes painfully obvious that he is an idiot. I like his movies, when he is in character......but I cringe when he exposes his inner nerdiness, All that income and he is still a nin-com-poop.
NickFun

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 01:24 am
@glitterbag,
I agree Glitterbag. It's such a shame Tom was not alive at the same time as Hitler so he could be the hero, save the world, prevent the Holocaust etc.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 01:32 am
Beyond a doubt the worst movie I ever saw was Blue Lagoon with Brooke S.