Uplifting Thoughts/Quotes

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 10:03 pm
I just made one of these for Christianity, but I wanted to make one for everyone as well. Whatever religion you have (or none at all), you can post something positive on here. Nothing negative/hateful, please.

Here's my contribution:

Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 18
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 01:49 am
Quote:
"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself."

J. Krishnamurti
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 01:59 am
Your previous quote was good too, fresco.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:21 am
...but the host wants "no negatives" :wink:
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 04:08 am
Well, one has to derail the thread...

Amazing how people need imaginary friends.. Don't they have real ones?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:03 am
"Dimaggio hit a wall clearing line drive like a shot from a howitzer. That ball is still rising somewhere near connecticut"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:10 am
And there are no letters in the mailbox,
oh no, there are no, no grapes upon your vine,
and there are, there are no chocolates in your boxes anymore,
and there are no diamonds in your mine.
And there are no letters in the mailbox,
and there are no grapes upon the vine,
and there are no chocolates in your boxes anymore,
and there are no diamonds in your mine.
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:58 am
Becoming conscious of stillness whenever we encounter it in our lives will connect us with the formless and timeless dimension within ourselves, that which is beyond thought, beyond ego. It may be the stillness that pervades the world of nature, or the stillness in your room in the early hours of the morning, or the silent gap in between sounds. Stillness has no form -- that is why through thinking we cannot become aware of it. Thought is form. Being aware of stillness means to be still. To be still is to be conscious without thought. You are never more essentially, more deeply, yourself than when you are still. When you are still, you are who you were before you temporarily assumed this physical and mental form called a person. You are also who you will be when the form dissolves. When you are still you are who you are beyond your temporal existence: consciousness -- unconditioned, formless, eternal.

-- Eckhart Tolle
0 Replies

BlueAwesomeness

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:24 am
Well, no negatives isn't exactly what I meant. But last time I tried to do this someone was like "YAWN."

That's the kind of thing I don't want. (What a jackass.)

Thanks for the contributions.
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:43 am
A myth has been circulating for many centuries now that mankind is diseased, that all beings are suffering from what I call the Dreaded Gom-Boo, also called sin, maya, ego, suffering, separated individuality, illusion, delusion, confusion, and indifference. We are all supposed to accept this diagnosis, realize how diseased we are, and submit ourselves to the local religious hospital, where a father or mother doctor will confirm our disease and require us to submit for the rest of our lives to various regimes for our own healing and ultimate cure. This is the basic proposition of traditional religion, and it begins with the diagnosis of the dreaded disease...

I come to tell you, as I stand in the midst of the priests of this horror, that not even one of you is suffering from this disease. It is an imaginary disease...

What is the Truth? We are Happy. We live in God. The Great One is our very Being. We inhere in the Blissful, Forceful Being of the Starry God, the Wonder, the Mystery, the Person of Love. This is our Situation and our Destiny. I am only one among many voices, but this is my Message to you: There is no disease. There is nothing to cure. We are not patients and we are not parented. We are not children. No dreadful destiny lies before us. There is nothing whatsoever to cure.

-- Da Free John
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:48 am
Making others happy, through kindness of speech and sincerity of right advice, is a sign of true greatness. To hurt another soul by sarcastic words, looks, or suggestions, is despicable. Sarcasm draws out the rebellious spirit and anger in the wrongdoer. Loving suggestions bring out the repentance in him. Repentance consists in thoroughly understanding one's own error and in abandoning it. Friendship is pure by nature. When you have a lily in your hands, how can you crush it? When you love a person dearly, how can you hurt him, even though he may be wrong?

-- Paramhansa Yogananda
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:58 am
Honor your Self. Worship your Self. Meditate on your Self. God dwells within you as you.

-- Swami Muktananda
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:02 pm
I feel free. And laugh a lot. And enjoy life. Without gods.

- Francis
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 03:49 pm
What he said-
farmerman
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 04:30 pm
What Francis said.
Dyslexia.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:44 pm
YAAAAWWWWNNNN!

I'm the jackass....
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:01 pm
"The world is so exquisite, with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better, it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look Death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan, Billions and Billions
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:20 am
You are not just a meaningless fragment in an alien universe, briefly suspended between life and death, allowed a few short-lived pleasures followed by pain and ultimate annihilation. Underneath your outer form, you are connected with something so vast, so immeasurable and sacred, that it cannot be spoken of - yet I am speaking of it now. I am speaking of it now not to give you something to believe in but to show you how you can know it for yourself.

-- Eckhart Tolle
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 05:22 am
"Things of such absurdity are believed by Christians as no one aforetime could induce the heathens to believe."
Agobard, Archbishop of Lyons
0 Replies