POPE SCREWS THE POOCH

Amigo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:09 pm
Can you fire a Pope?

To hell with it, just go with the first guy.
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:27 pm
He's just like W. in the Vatican. Is this some kind of curse on us?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:00 am
This pope wishes for the power of Boniface VIII.
0 Replies

epenthesis

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:32 am
Re: POPE SCREWS THE POOCH
Setanta wrote:
In a stunning example of christian brotherly love and ecumenical out-reach, the Pope has declared that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church.

The Washington Post: Other Chruches "Wounded"

Forbes Magazine: Other Christians Not True Churches

This is basically what ya call steppin' on yer own dick.

I too am concerned about the, 'Other Chruches "Wounded" '.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
CalamityJane wrote:
He is no dummy by any means, speaking 10 languages, being an accomplished pianist and prefers intellectual discussions . . .

That's no argument, an educated fool is still a fool. When the Emperor Joseph succeeded his mother Maria Theresa, everyone oohed and ahhed about the "liberal" new emperor. But every "reform" for which he took credit was the product of his mother, arguably the most able Austrian administrator in history, or his father, without doubt the most effective financier in Austrian history. Joseph cut the nobility, which soon crippled his ability to administer the Habsburg lands, and he cavorted with commoners who soon suckered him out of enormous sums, endangering the careful work his father, Francis, had done to put the empire on a sound financial footing. Being well educated and allegedly intelligent is no automatic recommendation for high authority.

This clown has now alienated the Muslims, the Orthodox Church, the Protestants and the reform minded in his own church. That's not very bright, no matter in how many languages he pukes up his reactionary rants. The man is a loose canon, and he's going to set the church back by centuries.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:01 am
Most radical theologists are loose canons. I think, the implication was
that Benedict is very old and would not live long enough to make a negative impact on the catholic church, the Vatican and the world. Since Benedict was Pope Paul's right hand throughout the years and gearing up to be the next Pope, he could not have been overlooked by the Vatican.

Well, he proved them wrong. He's done more damage in this short time
than others in their lifetime. Perhaps these utterly devoted catholics
will come to the realization that they've been following a doctrine that is
no longer justifiable.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 11:06 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Most radical theologists are loose canons. . .
Especially when blessing the cannons. Laughing
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 02:28 pm
i personally don't understand why some christians are getting upset with this bc this view isn't new. the catholic church, from my understanding has always believed they are the only true church etc etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 02:34 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
the catholic church, from my understanding has always believed they are the only true church etc etc.

are you suggesting it isn't?
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 02:39 pm
Quote:

but of course, I'm protestant. :wink:
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 02:46 pm
ehBeth wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
the catholic church, from my understanding has always believed they are the only true church etc etc.

Laughing
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 12:59 am
I wonder if the many hundreds of of different sects in the Christian religions will get down and get dirty??
Like car bombs and suicide bombers.... it's Looking like that's the way Muslims are going about solving their religious problems.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:15 am
.....Just when it looked like the boyos of Ulster could be sitting down together to discuss their Irish lives.....

Joe(this fellow starts talking about true churchs)Nation
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 04:28 am
anton bonnier wrote:
I wonder if the many hundreds of of different sects in the Christian religions will get down and get dirty??
Like car bombs and suicide bombers.... it's Looking like that's the way Muslims are going about solving their religious problems.

I don't know where you live, but in other parts of the world the different Christian sects ARE fighting each other with deadly force.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:11 am
Yeah, but they ain't real Christians, so that don't count. (Those Serbs, they just think they're Orthodox Christians.)
0 Replies