We have lost another old friend, and we feel empty

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 09:56 am
clubpenguinrocks wrote:
maybe pets go to Heaven.they have done lifesaving things.

Isn't it time for your nap little boy/girl. If you post one more comment here on the thread I started, I WILL report you to the forum monitors for ignoring the membership agreement. I am losing patience with your adolescent prattle.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:04 am
glitterbag, I'm very sorry to have read about Chloe.

Your love for your furbabies comes through so strongly.

My dogs will get an extra knuckle-drag tonight in honour of Chloe.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:50 am
Thank you ehbeth, so many folks share the same feelings about our little furry treasures. My husband, son and myself have so many sweet memories of our dear departed doggies. You may remember me writing about Sadie who departed this life 15 months ago. We were blessed with wonderfully goofy dogs. Your could almost read their minds they had such expressive faces. When we get past the grieving a bit we will bring home more puppies. (I don't care how old they are, they are all puppies to me) I can't imagine going thru life without the companionship of a sweet natured dog (or two).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 12:29 pm
Glitterbag--

Again, you have my sincere sympathy.

Years ago I saw a Ziggy cartoon--Ziggy is on the couch and the Attending Shrink proclaims: "You're ego is too healthy."

Nothing is sadder than a bright child without manners.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 12:45 pm
I'm sorry for your loss, Glitterbag.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 12:54 pm
Noddy, you have made a very interesting point. There really isn't much that is sadder then a bright child who was never given any guidance on appropriate behaviour. Most of us have heard a lot of stupid crap in our lives, sometimes it makes your head spin wondering how someone could be so clueless.

I may have spoken about my oldest nephew in old posts. He was a beautiful baby that became a monster by the time he was 16 months old. His parents acted as if there was nothing that could be done to get this child under control. You see it a lot in recent years, parents who are terrified of defying their children. This is so sad, because children need to be prepared to deal with life. Not everyone is related to them and not everyone is compelled to reward them with praise over poor performance.

Brian and I got to an understanding very quickly. When he was 4 we were all visiting my Dad and I noticed a juice pack that had been sitting for a lengthy period of time on the table. I picked it up and headed to the frig. Brian saw what I was doing and immediately went into overdrive. He screamed and grunted and jumped in the air.....and I kept asking him what he wanted. I explained that he needed to actually say some words so that I would know (of course I knew what he wanted) but he continued to grunt and jump and scream. I explained again that I couldn't understand the grunts and started to place the juice in the frig. Well, lets say he had a temporary lapse of judgement and he kicked me in the ankle with those hard white baby shoes. Without missing a beat, I grabbed his arm and gave him a smack on the bottom. He was thunderstruck, I said "Hurts doesn't it". Of course my brother and his wife were outraged that I dared to smack the little prince, but I gotta tell you, today he is 20 years old and minds his manners when he is with me.

I don't believe in beating children, some folks ladle it on gangbusters and it doesn't work....but I don't have a problem with a quick reminder when a four year-old kicks you so hard he makes your ankle bleed. So Brian and I understand each other now.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 01:06 pm
glitterbag :
sorry to hear your friend passed away !
i'll give ol' annie - our neighbour's dog - an extra milkbone and a special bellyrub when she calls on us this afternoon . even though she is not OUR dog , we feel that she has accepted us as friends . even when i don't have a milkbone in myhand , she comes running for a bellyrub or just to put out her paw for a shake .
animals can be great friends and they demand very little .
take care !
hbg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 01:07 pm
Glitterbag--

We gave a lot in common--starting with good sense.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 01:09 pm
My deepest sympathies Glitterbag.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 07:25 pm
I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for the understanding and kind words you expressed. I must thank edgarblythe, roberta, noddy, littlek, bella dea, bumblebee and her lovely poem, calamity jane, ehbeth, ossobucco, hamburger and Montana. You all expressed lovely sentiments and I know you all must love dogs and other furry things. Having a dog is a wonderful experience, and as painful as it is to deal with end of life issues, it would be worse never to know the sheer joy of animal companionship. Thank you, it feels better when I'm writing and I'm grateful for the time you all have spent with me. GB
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 07:54 pm
Glitter, I am so glad you have your family there with you and that she was loved by you all so well. You're heads probably hadn't stopped reeling from the first pet you lost when the second one passed. I know that feeling, sort of, too.....
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:51 pm
clubpenguinrocks quote:

Quote:
It's very sad to say but animals don't have souls so when we pass on we will never be able to have a pet for all eternity ...

It may be sad to you, but considering you don't know what you're talking about, why should I be surprised? All animals have souls, that are eternal and everyone, who's studied Biology and Religion knows that.

I'm truly shocked that you know so little about life.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:23 pm
((((((((Glitterbag))))))))
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:17 pm
Miller wrote:
clubpenguinrocks quote:

Quote:
It's very sad to say but animals don't have souls so when we pass on we will never be able to have a pet for all eternity ...

It may be sad to you, but considering you don't know what you're talking about, why should I be surprised? All animals have souls, that are eternal and everyone, who's studied Biology and Religion knows that.

I'm truly shocked that you know so little about life.

Hello Miller, that member that you responded to claims to be an eleven-year-old. I suppose it's possible, but most 11 year olds are more mature than the poster appears to be. I have already stated that I would report the underage poster to the management for membership violation if they returned. So far, all is calm. But thank you for your comments, it is truly jawdropping, how clueless some people are, the good news is that 11 year-olds can't vote.
0 Replies