Have you tried to buy an ice pick lately?

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:48 pm
Edgar--

Why would she put a kitchen utensil in your tool box?

I, too, live with a handyman with a tool box wrapped around a pint-sized black hole.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 09:04 pm
Fortunately, Mrs. edgarblythe is forgiving.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:04 pm
Edgar I'm sure the Gambino family would sell you a second hand model quite cheaply
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 01:15 pm
Do they make house calls?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:53 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Edgar--

Why would she put a kitchen utensil in your tool box?

I, too, live with a handyman with a tool box wrapped around a pint-sized black hole.

This is true, I swear it!

Many years ago my parents came to live with me and my son. The house we bought was in dire need of repair. I was working on the kitchen and had started during the night, stripping the old paint from the window frames, hoping to get this part of the yucky work done before the kitchen would be needed for preparing meals. I had applied the last lot of paint stripper onto the window, and, as dawn was breaking, and realising the smell of the stripper was too strong for food preparation, I grabbed some cardboard and a thick pen and made some signs along the lines of - KEEP OUT - PAINT STRIPPER IN USE - HAVE GONE TO McDONALDS - BACK IN A FLASH - BE PATIENT etc etc (Maccas was only about a block away). I put all my tools in my tool box, and set the signs up in various obvious places, ie, on the stove, in front of the tool box, on the bench, on the fridge door and on the kitchen table.

So off I go, grab some bacon and egg muffins and some hotcakes, so the folks would have a choice and hurried back home.

Too late!

My father, who thought himself a great cook, had decided to fry some eggs to go with whatever I bought from Maccas. He, my mother and my son were seated at the table awaiting my return. I sat down, passed around the goodies I had bought, lecturing him on the trouble I had gone to to avoid the kitchen being used. After the meal, I collected all the plates and took them to the kitchen for washing, where I was horrified to see the egg lifter sitting in the frying pan was in fact, my paint scraper. Always the proverbial bull in a china shop, he had totally ignored my signs, and in his haste to find an egg lifter, had gone to my tool box and grabbed the paint scraper.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 07:18 am
I can see that whole scenario. Nobody ever heeds any of my warnings. I installed some galvanized rails by a high step, a few years back. After putting them in concrete, I painted them and then put up a sign: Do Not Touch Rail, on each one. The minute I walked away, my helper walked up and violently shook one to test it for stability. Messed up the paint and concrete. This I didn't know about for 24 hours. He only fessed up to it when a resident told on him.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:19 pm
This morning a Contractor came to patch and seal our asphalt driveway.

He recommended not using the driveway until 9 this evening.

I've repeated this information to Mr. Noddy at least six times and the day is still young.

I'm walking dear little Iffy through the Ladies' Comfort Station on a leash, so I have control there.

Question Authority? Hah!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:29 pm
Re: Have you tried to buy an ice pick lately?
edgarblythe wrote:
I have been to four different places that sell kitchen utensiles and so far haven't found one. I was told they are too dangerous.

Let me suggest something stronger, sharper, and less dangerous:

http://www.motherboard.cz/spyderco/CRM16-14.jpg

That's a CRKT (Columbia River Knife and Tool) M16 folding knife. Tremendously sharp and strong, opens with one hand and locks and when it's locked you can't feel any movement at all, as if it were a one-piece knife. It's an ultimate hunting knife particularly since it's totally inconspicuous and out of the way in treestands. The ice and anything else would only be in danger when it was open.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:13 pm
I've decided to buy a lugar to chop my ice. It will eliminate the labor of swinging my arm.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:19 pm
A 12 gauge with #8 shot also works well for swatting flies on the ceiling.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:41 pm
You can make a good shank by geting some 10 gage stainless. Thread it on one end and screw down some bolts. Then take a huge handsized dollop of wood putty and make a hand mold for the "tol' Work in the depressions where your fingers would curl and presto, instant Shawshank.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:43 pm
Shocked um, farmer, you're on vacation and you're supposed to be relaxed and peaceful.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:46 pm
Shawshank Redemption is a favorite movie of mine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:46 pm
Well, it was indeed phenomenal. I sort of focused on the friendship aspect of the movie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:11 pm
This here's a sling blade. I just bought it to chop ice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:32 am
choppin that little critter with a sling blade maybe's whut it needs , UMMMM HUNNNHHH (does Billy Bob Impression )
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:55 am
For a fast and dirty shank, put a 60degree bevel on each end of a 6" length of 1/2" pipe.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:56 am
sounds like a nasty needle.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:28:05