Have you tried to buy an ice pick lately?

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:54 pm
I have been to four different places that sell kitchen utensiles and so far haven't found one. I was told they are too dangerous.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,605 • Replies: 77
No top replies

TTH

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:12 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Not laughing at you, just thinking what I could use that would be a whole lot more dangerous than an ice pick. Why not try the hardware store?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:13 am
I could get you one, and high quality in Farmington. They stock them at The Bunker, and you guessed it, it's a military "surplus" store. They probably enjoy thinking of it as a dangerous weapon, as it is mixed in with the commando knives and such.

I'll send you one if you want, and they still have them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 04:45 am
I would suppose that since there are no longer "ice boxes", the uses for ice picks as kitchen tools have diminished over the years. As TTH said, hardware stores are more likely to have this item, also stores which carry bar supplies.

We have a number of them in our hardware cabinet, but they were bought many, many years ago. Handy little suckers, they are!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 04:51 am
So what are your plans with that ice pick, Edgar?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 04:56 am
Buying an ice pick presumes being able to buy a block of ice. I know that we can buy bags of Ice cubes in the supermarket but since my days at Watkins Glen, I hadnt seen any kind of large block ice dispensers.

Try to find a bee skep, or a spokeshave,, or even a schnitzelbank, Im tellin you theres a conspiracy to keep these things off the market..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:13 am
If you go to Goggle, and type in "ice picks", you can find all manner of these utensils, costing $1.99 up!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:21 am
We tried to find one months ago.

Ended up having to buy some odd looking type of screw driver instead.

We tried all the hardware stores, even the little guys.
No where.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:29 am
Find ice picks here

All is not lost!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 06:09 am
I'd go to a climbing store. pitons, crampons, ropes, carrabeeners and, I suppose, ice picks for climbing glaciers.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:04 am
If you are serious ( I still cant tell about edgar) , you do have bar supply stores in Texas no? I know that we used to buy them at liquor distributors in Md , and barroom supply places in PA. Do you have an AMish community near you? They alwys have general supply stores and ice picks are available there.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:17 am
FM: We sell them at the store for $2.29 without a sheath and $2.99 with. Nice wooden handles on both.

We also sell awls (awl has to one of the most ancient words still in active use.)

People without power tools use them to make holes in their walls for plastic anchors and such. Also as ice picks.

PM me your address and it would be my pleasure to UPS a couple to your door.

joe(why is everybody always picking on me?)Nation
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:21 am
You still haven't told us who you plan to do in, edgar.

Merry (should that have been 'whom'?) Andrew
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:25 am
Joe Nation wrote:
We also sell awls (awl has to one of the most ancient words still in active use.)

People without power tools use them to make holes in their walls for plastic anchors and such. Also as ice picks.

lol Funny that you mention the awls. I got one in a set of Craftsman screwdrivers and the only thing I've ever used it for is as an ice pick.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:35 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
You still haven't told us who you plan to do in, edgar.

Merry (should that have been 'whom'?) Andrew

I know what he plans on doing, Merry, and the whole thing sickens me.

He wants to continue those morbid experiments in his basement...

http://www.ephemeroi.com/stuff/2005/front/051118-icepick.jpg

He asked me earlier, "Gus, where can I get an ice pick?"

I told him I could no longer condone his behavior and that the neighborhood was running out of people and someone was sure to notice.

"Screw you." he replied as he turned and walked away, his head swinging to and fro in his relentless search for the elusive ice pick.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:47 am
Are you sure he said "Screw you," Gus? If so, I'd be very careful when walking past dark alleys and such. Edgar is so single-minded and often unpredictable.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:14 am
I have no extra ice picks, but I can offer you a hatpin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:45 am
Montana wrote:
So what are your plans with that ice pick, Edgar?

The ice maker in the fridge quit working. We kept no ice trays, since we have had the ice maker so may years. So, we froze water in a great bowl. But, where'd the icepick get off to? I chopped it up with a knife, but the resultant chunks were not of the quality one achieves through use of an icepick. Since we already had blocks of ice, an icepick seemed the route to go. (The wife brought home some ice cube trays, but they were plastic. She should know after thirty years that I refuse to use plastic utensils).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:45 am
I should have known it was for something normal and I hear ya on the plastic utensils. I'm not too keen on plastic either.

Remember the old metal ice trays? They came in 2 pieces with a handle you pulled back to get the ice out. Those were the days :-D

I had a feeling Gus was wrong this time ;-)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:48 am
Well, icepicks can have multiple uses. In Scarlet Street, Edward G Robinson used one to murder his girlfriend. (He then framed Dan Duryea)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Have you tried to buy an ice pick lately?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:26:50