Howard's approach to remote indigenous communities

hingehead

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:48 pm
I'm not hearing much about this still except early on a couple of children were killed (unconfirmed that it was by perpatrators covering their tracks) and one appalling story with a drunken couple fighting and the baby being caught in the middle.

It's been very quiet since then. I can confirm that a lot of the public servants volunteering to go out to community won't be missed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:42 pm
hingehead wrote:
I'm not hearing much about this still except early on a couple of children were killed (unconfirmed that it was by perpatrators covering their tracks) and one appalling story with a drunken couple fighting and the baby being caught in the middle.

It's been very quiet since then. I can confirm that a lot of the public servants volunteering to go out to community won't be missed.

Unfortunately, the drunken couple fighting and baby in the middle happens everywhere, and way too frequently.

I have been hearing various interviews with the woman boss person etc.

They seem to have been on a whirlwind consulat and reassure tour.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:25 pm
I'm assuming it will all blow over after the election...
0 Replies

Kirky

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:10 am
Pulling apart the spin... line by line, and lie by lie
Pulling apart the spin... line by line, and lie by lie
Issue 107 - 15 Jun 2006
SOURCE: NATIONAL Indigenous Times
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:12 am
Interesting stuff...and welcome.

I'll make sure to read that through.
0 Replies

Kirky

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:21 am
Aboriginal Land Councils; True Role Exposed
Aboriginal Land Councils; True Role Exposed
Posted: 2007/07/07
[URL=http://]http://mathaba.net/news/?x=55730[/URL]

The Aboriginal Land Rights Act was set up to protect Aboriginal culture and to legally establish their place on the Australian landscape. However, the land councils are now the front line in opening up Aboriginal spirit country to globalist mining and the dumping of nuclear waste
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 08:50 pm
I'm pretty sure that this isn't just an election stunt. The ultimate aim is close remote communities down, allow traditional owners to sell their land to the new white colonisers of the wetter parts of northern Australia.

That knobhead who does the poor Jennie Brockie impersonation on the ABC had a panel all nodding their heads about an exodus from the dry southern states to the north only a couple of weeks ago.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 10:33 pm
hingehead wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this isn't just an election stunt. The ultimate aim is close remote communities down, allow traditional owners to sell their land to the new white colonisers of the wetter parts of northern Australia.

That knobhead who does the poor Jennie Brockie impersonation on the ABC had a panel all nodding their heads about an exodus from the dry southern states to the north only a couple of weeks ago.

Blimey...there's a thing I hadn't thought of.

But South Australia, eg, certainly looks more likely to become unviable as changes on the ground appear to exceed the modelled changes in terms of dryness and heat.

I know some South Australian farmers are buying tracts of Tasmania as a hedge.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:18 pm
I'm in the middle of Jared Diamond's 'Collapse'. Very pertinent.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:37 pm
hingehead wrote:
I'm in the middle of Jared Diamond's 'Collapse'. Very pertinent.

Oh??????????? Tell us more.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 08:55 pm
Has a whole chapter on Australia - but I haven't got to it yet...
0 Replies