Doctors' beliefs can hinder patient care

Wilso

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:47 am
maporsche wrote:
So should that Muslim taxi-driver be allowed to not carry passengers who are doing things against his religion.

We've had some muslim taxi drivers here refuse to pick up people with guide dogs. That is an offence under a couple of Acts, and as far as I'm concerned they should be dealt with to the full extent of the law, and have their taxi licences revoked.
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:53 am
Wilso wrote:
maporsche wrote:
So should that Muslim taxi-driver be allowed to not carry passengers who are doing things against his religion.

We've had some muslim taxi drivers here refuse to pick up people with guide dogs. That is an offence under a couple of Acts, and as far as I'm concerned they should be dealt with to the full extent of the law, and have their taxi licences revoked.

Amen, brutha!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:12 pm
Wilso wrote:
maporsche wrote:

When I was in the taxi business, there were a few cab owners who had refused people with guide dogs and they would have lost their taxi license if they continued to refuse.
0 Replies

BlueAwesomeness

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:16 pm
Doctors shouldn't be legally forced to do something that they're morally against. That's tampering with their constitutional rights. They should, however, have to refer the patient to someone who is willing to do it.

Also, I don't believe the woman in the article. She's like, "I was traumatized because my doctor wouldn't give me the morning after pill. Because of that, I haven't been to the gynecologist in 2 1/2 years." Give me a break. Drama queen. All she wants is attention. All she had to do was go somewhere else to get a pill. And since when does not being given a pill have anything to do with someone examining your vagina?

I do empathize with her traumatic experience (the rape), but that was not the doctor's fault at ALL.
0 Replies