[resolved]Roger Can't Login? Please help?

Misti26

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:01 am
Error message is as follows:

php Critical Error - Error updating last visit time
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,652 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:23 am
He could try logging in under a new account & see if that works, which might help narrow down the cause of the problem. Also, the "error updating last visit time" part sounds to me like there's a slight possibility it has something to do with his able2know cookie, which he could delete. Not sure.

But the fact that php is generating an error on craven's server means there may be something Craven needs to do to his database to fix this, methinks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:25 am
Well, this happened to me within the last 10 hours twice - could get in some minutes later without problems.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:31 am
I will look into it right now.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:39 am
It happened to me today. For some weird reason, I was bounced off trying to post, and then I got the phpBB for 10-20 minutes.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:40 am
Please ask roger to try again ASAP. I am fixing corruptions in the database and need to know if I got the bad spots.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:42 am
Well, after deleting cookies and four attempts to either log in or register a new name, I'm back. Thanks all. Thanks Misti for posting for me. Kind of glad it wasn't just me, but am surprised it works fine for some and other's are having problmes.

Very nice avatar, Sophia
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:45 am
It's a corruption in the database. I think I have repaired it but of anyone else sees this please report it.

I'm marking the thread resolved for now. I am fairly certain that running a repair on the database did the trick.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:46 am
Happy to please you, dahlink!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:47 am
Many thanks. If only other sites had such support, they might not be dying on the vine.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:59 am
No problem. It's an uphill battle of man versus computer. Trying to keep a computer on 24/7 with thousands of visits an hour requires lots of attention or everything goes downhill fast.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 10:59 am
In the last week have been having problems when trying to log on to a2k. Get the cannot connect approx 30% of the time.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:49 pm
Is it this same problem? And please do not report problems on old threads.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:18 am
Craven
Yes it is always the same problem. It happens at times when posting or when going from on post to another as well as when trying to log on. It can last for hours.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:07 am
Au, Craven means is it the same problem as this:

Misti26 wrote:
Error message is as follows:

php Critical Error - Error updating last visit time

If it isn't, post it on a new thread (this one is already marked "resolved."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:14 am
No, It is timed out or web site not responding---
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 02:47 pm
In that case please post it in a new thread and please give more information. What you have given is very vague.

Another important bit of imformation to add is what you mean by lasting for hours.

I monitor the uptime religiously and there has not ever been a problem that lasted hours.

There has been days when the DNS was flakey and every now and then the page would not load but you do not indicate whether it was a case of a page not loading every now and then or not being able to log in for hours or what. So I really need more information to help you.
0 Replies