Queen honours novellist. Suicide bombs threatened.

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:10 am
The Times wrote:
Britain's decision to award Salman Rushdie a knighthood set off a storm of protest in the Islamic world today, with a Pakistani government minister giving warning that it could provide justification for suicide bomb attacks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 703 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:35 am
If this wasnt so serious it really would be laughable. Mr ul-Haq has never read the Satanic Verses. Neither has anyone else on the street burning effigys of Salman Rushdie, the Queen and burning the Union Flag.

A student of English literature who has read the book says it is inpenetrable for most people. A stream of consciousness in the style of James Joyce. Rushdie's ire was direct at those who use Islam and encourage violence for political purposes. The mad mullahs in Iran completed the circle by immdiately calling for his execution and offering a substantial reward, oblivious to irony.

Now for his services to literature Rushdie has been honoured with a knighthood, and this piece of horse **** stands up in the Pakistan parliament and says it justifies suicided bombings in Britain.

Two years ago 4 British citizens originally from Pakistan killed 56 people on London Transport system.

Britain is not at war with Pakistan. We play cricket with them. They are members of the British Commonwealth. We treat the 1.2 million British Citizens of Pakistan decent with equal rights, and in fact lean over backwards to protect them from racists.

But one thing is clear. While Britain is not at war with Pakistan, or with those Pakistanis living here, we most certainly are at war with those political Muslims who have declared war against non muslims and who want to cleanse the world of Jews Christians and secularists.

So I'm not against a Muslim for his beliefs. He can believe 10 stupid things before breakfast everyday as far as I'm concerned. But I am against those Muslims who see me a white middle aged 'liberal' secularist as the epitomy of everything they detest and want me dead.

Its time to hit back. Not with bombs but with ideas. Starting with the idea that as Christopher Hitchens says in his latest book God is not Great.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:52 am
Here's an 'idea' for you...

"The West is accusing Muslims of extremism and terrorism. If someone exploded a bomb on his body, he would be right to do so

Extremism? Terrorism? Idea?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:40 pm
dont understand the point you make hokie

i have an idea

whats yours?
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:15 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
dont understand the point you make hokie

i have an idea

whats yours?

Any chance of those Danish cartoonists getting knighted?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:21 pm
I would make them Peers of the Realm immediately.

(and throw in a few ideas for some cartoons)
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
I would make them Peers of the Realm immediately.

(and throw in a few ideas for some cartoons)

You're the bomb!!

And if you think knighting Rushdie was bad.....

[Nooooo, you're the bomb!]
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:58 am
Meanwhile in Pakistan Allama Tahir Ashrafi, the head of the Pakistan Ulema Council has decided to honour Osama bin Laden with the title Saifullah or Sword of God. Presumably for his charitable works.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:05 am
But its not all bad news..a new group has formed in Britain

The Council of ex Muslims in Britain.

providing an alternative voice to the "regressive parasitical and self appointed leaders" from organisations such as the Muslim Council of Britain and the "oxymoronic" Islamic Human Rights Commision.

It started in Germany and now has branches in Sweden Denmark Norway Finland as well as Britain.

In Britain the members are prepared to have their names and photographs published. [How long will it take for them to have acid thrown in their faces by more "outraged" true believers?]
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:20 am
Quote:
Manifesto of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain

We, non-believers, atheists, and ex-Muslims, are establishing or joining the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain to insist that no one be pigeonholed as Muslims with culturally relative rights nor deemed to be represented by regressive Islamic organisations and 'Muslim community leaders'.

Those of us who have come forward with our names and photographs represent countless others who are unable or unwilling to do so because of the threats faced by those considered 'apostates' - punishable by death in countries under Islamic law.

By doing so, we are breaking the taboo that comes with renouncing Islam but also taking a stand for reason, universal rights and values, and secularism.

Whilst religion or the lack thereof is a private affair, the increasing intervention of and devastation caused by religion and particularly Islam in contemporary society has necessitated our public renunciation and declaration. We represent a majority in Europe and a vast secular and humanist protest movement in countries like Iran.

Taking the lead from the Central Council of Ex-Muslims in Germany, we demand:

1. Universal rights and equal citizenship for all. We are opposed to cultural relativism and the tolerance of inhuman beliefs, discrimination and abuse in the name of respecting religion or culture.
2. Freedom to criticise religion. Prohibition of restrictions on unconditional freedom of criticism and expression using so-called religious 'sanctities'.
3. Freedom of religion and atheism.
4. Separation of religion from the state and legal and educational system.
5. Prohibition of religious customs, rules, ceremonies or activities that are incompatible with or infringe people's rights and freedoms.
6. Abolition of all restrictive and repressive cultural and religious customs which hinder and contradict woman's independence, free will and equality. Prohibition of segregation of sexes.
7. Prohibition of interference by any authority, family members or relatives, or official authorities in the private lives of women and men and their personal, emotional and sexual relationships and sexuality.
8. Protection of children from manipulation and abuse by religion and religious institutions.
9. Prohibition of any kind of financial, material or moral support by the state or state institutions to religion and religious activities and institutions.
10. Prohibition of all forms of religious intimidation and threats.

This group deserves all our support and best wishes
0 Replies