Sermon on the Mount

hankarin

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:19 pm
Congratulations Hankerin, You just made this Agnostic dust o
Amigo, are you really an agnostic? I liked your comment about actions speaking louder than words. I believe that to be true. Now back to the Sermon on the Mount:

Matthew 7:24-27

Those hearing the word and doing it are wise (discreet), whereas those hearing and not doing are unwise (foolish).

Matthew 7:15-23

Jesus indicated that "Christians" would come in two varieties. False, (hypocrites = literally "two faces") those who don't act like Christians & True, those who do act like Christians.

One way to identify true Christians is by their message. Jesus said that their message should be what you will find at Matthew 24:14. Why not check it out in your Holy Bible?
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:31 pm
Among some, it was considered a sign of faith to be weathy
Advice on accumulating wealth, for rich and poor, Christian or not, can be found in the Bible book (actually a letter from Paul to Timothy) of 1 Timothy 6:9, 10, 17-19.

Striving for riches and love of money will lead people to ruin, or at the very least cause them "many pains." (vss. 9-10)

Those who are already rich & Christian are reminded not to rest their hope on "uncertain riches" (they can "fly away") but on God, thereby safely "treasuring up" for themselves a fine foundation for the future & in order to get a "firm hold on the real life."

If this isn't "the real life," what is? Consider Revelation 21:4, 5
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:36 pm
I've been trying to get my hands on real life for over 2 years, but he's a slippery one, he is. :wink:

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2719821#2719821
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:04 pm
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:5

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus made a promise: "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5, Revised Standard Version) The earth is to be a lasting reward for the faithful. However, Jesus made it clear to his apostles that he was preparing a place for them "in the house of [his] Father" and that they would be in heaven with him. (John 14:1, 2; Luke 12:32; 1 Peter 1:3, 4) How, then, should we understand promises of earthly blessings? Are they relevant today, and to whom would they apply?

Let me know if you want to discuss further!
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:11 pm
Blessed are the peacemakers
This in not about trying to fix the world. It is about trying to fix ourselves so that we can be a part of God's new world. Please note:

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 03:02 pm
The Narrow Way
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14Because arrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

THE ARROW IS THE GATE

The Great Way is gateless,
Approached in a thousand ways.
Once past this checkpoint
You stride through the universe.
0 Replies