Agumentum ad misericordiam as a pretext for war game

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:26 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Um, haven't you noticed that when the people of the nation want us there we refuse to help (see Liberia) you'll have to appear less eager for an invasion in order for it to be justified.

If you can whip up a true international uproar for us to flout we'll be there in no time.

This is quite similar to how banking works, e. g. the only people who get loans are the ones who don't really need them. I think we're back to Switzerland.

Oh, and where does Oil of Olay come from? I smell a pretext ....
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 10:47 am
Olé!

(It's such a happy, cheerful war cry!)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:37 pm
I propose my country.

(cause its you guys doing the invading, right?)

PM is a bad guy. Really. Trust me.

Plus, he may not have a mustache, but he looks like Harry Potter (pre-first kiss).

Embattled, too. Just look at the polls. He's sinking, quickly.

Suffering people. I suffer. Sometimes. So there.

We have no terrorists, but we have the ICC, which is obviously as great and direct a threat to US security priorities.

Hell, this is a country where new politicians get shot! We need help!

Plus, we won't be able to retaliate. Much. Last time there was a war, we lasted about 4 days against the invaders, so a quick success is guaranteed, which is good for PR.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:39 pm
You make a good case. And plus you guys *seem* very liberal so that should put you at the top of our hit li.. I mean priority hotspots.
0 Replies

nimh

Craven de Kere wrote:
Um, haven't you noticed that when the people of the nation want us there we refuse to help (see Liberia) you'll have to appear less eager for an invasion in order for it to be justified.

Damn. I just blew it, didn't I?

Craven de Kere wrote:
If you can whip up a true international uproar for us to flout we'll be there in no time.

Oh, see, there you are, though. You'll piss off Belgium. That should be worth it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

But remember the part about not looking too eager. You really should say no when you really mean yes....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:40 pm
Aha, always good to piss off Belgium.. those self-important "we can judge anyone" scions of promiscuity!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:47 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
You make a good case. And plus you guys *seem* very liberal so that should put you at the top of our hit li.. I mean priority hotspots.

Heh. We can be part of your "War on Drugs", too.

<sighs> I've always wanted to be saved, one day ...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:49 pm
Yes, the drugs fuel terrorism you know... (an ad campaign here in the states)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:50 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
You really should say no when you really mean yes....

Ah, I've never managed to master that art well ... That must have been what was the matter.

Scions of promiscuity, heh? <grins>
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:52 pm
It was either that or calling them bastards, but since I'm saving "bastards" for another nation I had to come up with something.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 06:58 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Yes, the drugs fuel terrorism you know...

<nods> True true. Just look at the kind of kids that come out of those coffeeshops here. Cant trust them, so much is clear. Tssh.

Oh, and that reminds me: we got Muslims, too. Loads of them.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:00 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It was either that or calling them bastards, but since I'm saving "bastards" for another nation I had to come up with something.

Well, that would be a bit much, too. Wouldn't be nice.

What about "mongrels"?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:01 pm
i think the the cheese manufacturing facilities should be taken over first. the netherlands having a lock on all the edam and gouda in the world just can't be right. the cheeses want to be liberated for sure. sorry for being silly; must be the nice aged gouda i just had for supper on my crusty bun. (and don't try to give me any of the "imitation" gouda produced in other countries.) hey, this would give the netherlands a GOOD reason to invade countries that make those imitations; it threatens the national security of the netherlands. hbg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:30 pm
hamburger wrote:
don't try to give me any of the "imitation" gouda produced in other countries. hey, this would give the netherlands a GOOD reason to invade countries that make those imitations; it threatens the national security of the netherlands. hbg

true true. imitation edam or gouda is an abomination. and perhaps cheese is something dutch people are prepared to go into battle about ... cause otherwise they're not so eager. still, who could the dutch invade? luxemburg? doesnt meet any of the criteria ...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:51 pm
nimh,

You have, in jest, touched upon the second most important criteria. Having muslims is only second to having Arabs as a sales point.

We have nothing against Arabs or Muslims, of course, it's just a realization of what is easy to sell. Like the mustache. It really helps. Saddam is more famous than Kim
(DPRK). Now if Kim could wear a beret and mustache at the same time...

[disclaimer] This whole thread is a joke, I really hope nobody takes it seriously. Because, yes, it's more sad than funny. [/disclaimer]
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:57 pm
methinketh the gentleman doth disclaim too much..........

(just kidding!)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:59 pm
Does this mean we can invade the USA because of those Outback eating abominations?

You got Muslims! You have WMD! You have a bad guy president who may have stolen his election! You attack innocent countries!

We need a coalition!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:04 pm
A Coalition of the Meek - Who Aren't Gonna Take It Any More! Lots of sweet, innocent little countries - (oz doesn't count any more, cos we need invading too) - nice, quaint countries, who can hide their invasion forces under banners like Dutch Cheese Expos, and Swiss Banking Symposia, and Luxembourg National Days - the shall seize your key power points - the Vatican Guards shall seize the President - the Belgian Children's Choir shall ruthlessly take out the Pentagon - the Swiss shall destroy the true centre of power - Wall Street - by gumming it up with chocolates!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:06 pm
And the Combined European Kindergartens Marching Band will draw a moustache upon president Bush and his entire cabinet, including the woman (en?), thus justifying their collective demise!
0 Replies