Hillary's 'FAITH' Carried Her Through...

baddog1

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:26 am
Interesting article!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19039626/

Clinton says faith got her through marital woes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 11
No top replies

TTH

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:51 am
Sure it is interesting, I guess, but didn't you read the bottom of the page you posted? It says "All rights reserved................."
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 11:24 am
TTH wrote:
Sure it is interesting, I guess, but didn't you read the bottom of the page you posted? It says "All rights reserved................."

No worries - I know a friend of my 3rd cousin who visits the building next to the AP headquarters every second Wednesday evening of each month. She occasionally has coffee with with one of the part-time elevator attendants from the AP building and he gave her/us permission to reprint. I appreciate you looking out for me though! Very Happy
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 12:19 pm
watched part of an interview with HC yesterday(CNN) ... she was asked about the role of religion in her life ...
all i can say : she sure learned a lot from bill ! Laughing
if that performance won't bring a few more million votes , nothing will Shocked Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:50 pm
Are you calling her a liar?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:58 pm
of course not ; i have "full faith and confidence " in HC ... and bill !
hbg
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:33 pm
She'd be a moron not to suck up to the religious sect of America. The best leader in the world wouldn't stand a chance at becoming president if they claimed to be atheist.

Politicians aren't stupid (except for Bush)... but they all know who puts them in office.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:11 am
stlstrike3 wrote:
She'd be a moron not to suck up to the religious sect of America. The best leader in the world wouldn't stand a chance at becoming president if they claimed to be atheist.

Politicians aren't stupid (except for Bush)... but they all know who puts them in office.

Translation: She should lie & deceive in order to get the 'religious' vote which will help her become one of the best leaders (liars) in the world.

Excellent mindset stl! Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 06:12 am
baddog1 wrote:
stlstrike3 wrote:

Translation: She should lie & deceive in order to get the 'religious' vote which will help her become one of the best leaders (liars) in the world.

I take a middle ground. "Faith" is the big buzzword anmongst some circles. She may or may not be truthful, and what politicians are? What she is doing in my opinion is playing to to separate constituencies.

One obviously, is the religious right. The other are those women who have gone through similar marital tribulations. This was a marvelous opportunity to both deflect the entire Lewinsky thing, and to modify her perception as being a hard edged calculator. I am sure that there were women all over America who shook their heads in assent when she spoke those words.
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:12 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
stlstrike3 wrote:

I take a middle ground. "Faith" is the big buzzword anmongst some circles. She may or may not be truthful, and what politicians are? What she is doing in my opinion is playing to to separate constituencies.

One obviously, is the religious right. The other are those women who have gone through similar marital tribulations. This was a marvelous opportunity to both deflect the entire Lewinsky thing, and to modify her perception as being a hard edged calculator. I am sure that there were women all over America who shook their heads in assent when she spoke those words.

Oh, if I were in her position? I'd do the exact same thing.

But once I was in office I'd be like, "Yeah... ya know... the whole god thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore. Oh, and churches can pay taxes just like the rest of Americans.... Amen."

Smile
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:04 am
stlstrike3 wrote:
...Oh, if I were in her position? I'd do the exact same thing.

But once I was in office I'd be like, "Yeah... ya know... the whole god thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore. Oh, and churches can pay taxes just like the rest of Americans.... Amen."

Smile

It is doubtful that anyone on here would dispute the notion that you would lie & deceive in order to get whatever it is you desire strike.

Amen. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:12 pm
Faith and a couple treestumps masquerading as thighs.
0 Replies