Are you a 1-3 or a 2-4?

Diane

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:34 pm
So true, MA!
Growing up in Tucson instilled in me a love of Latin music. The last time I was there, a friend and I stopped at a cafe and found out that they had Laten jazz on Saturdays. We came back on Saturday to find a fantastic band from Mexico, complete with their girlfriends. Almost everyone in the audience was Mexican and they were all dancing.
They were people from the local neighborhood, poorly dressed but beautiful when they danced. One man must have weighed 300 lbs. but he was as graceful as a ballet dancer. The girlfriends would raise their hands above their heads and clap in syncopation with the music, often in differenct rhythms, almost as if their rhythms were the lyrics. My friend and I sat there dazed at the experience. I've seldom had so much fun. They had that thing, Letty.
I'll be back in October, before the Texas gathering. The San Francisco Cafe is first on my list when I get there.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:42 pm
Where exactly in Tuscon is the San Francisco Cafe? I haven't been back there in a few years, four or five.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:19 pm
It is on Oracle, a section called the Miracle Mile, in northwest Tucson. The only reason we first stopped there was that we were so hungry we decided to stop at the first place that looked open--a wondrous example of serendipity.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 06:05 am
Thank you, Diane. Tuscon is one of my favorite places. Next time I'm there, I'll try to look in on the San Fancisco.
0 Replies

firenskye

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:15 pm
I have no idea what I am...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 01:47 pm
Help me here, please. I'm a "place" nut. Love places, love to explore them, read about them, take photos of them, use them in my paintings, etc etc. Love stumbling on interchanges like the one above about Tucson (which I passed through once in 1958 -- bet it's changed!) I wonder if there's a place in A2K for a rhapsodic and/or humorous discussion about places, any places, from the dock on the lake to the cathedral in Rouen. What do you think?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 02:28 pm
The travel forums would seem appropriate, Tartarin.
0 Replies