Boy Bags Hogzilla in Alabama Hunting Preserve

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:19 am
Full Article Link Here

Quote:
He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot. Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

I...

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

I can think of nothing more stupid than having this claim to fame after allowing an animal caged in a hunting area chased, wounded and suffering for three hours.

It was a hunting preserve... It wasn't like he found it in the wild. The owner of the commercial hunting preserve (isn't that an oxymoron? Rolling Eyes ) had to have known it was there. Probably used it as a draw for his business.

Not to mention the real Christian behavior being displayed in allowing one of Gods creatures to suffer and making a game out of killing it.

(Blue lettering mine for emphasis)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,388 • Replies: 23
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:25 am
It seems like I am always reading these Hogzilla stories. Every week some new hick brings down a record pig.

To hell with it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:29 am
These bastards haven't walked in my footsteps. They haven't been charged by a razorback the size of a city bus on a night so dark that satan's soul would glow. They haven't felt the breath of the beast on their back.

What is that phrase they use in Russia? Oh, yeah, I remember....

Fuckemski
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:31 am
The hamsters stole my phrase. They took it from me with the ease of an adult taking a bottle from a baby.

I fear the hamsters and their power.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:17 am
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5575/capta380d39070604b3a99bag3.jpg

It would be more of a sport if they had to hunt with their bare hands.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:19 am
That is certainly a realistic-looking photo.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:25 am
LionTamerX wrote:

It would be more of a sport if they had to hunt with their bare hands.

I know a guy that does that.

He has a couple of dogs to help. They hunt up a pig and the dogs hold it by the ears he dives in and slices the pigs throat with a knife.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:45 am
And he was 5! What would they have done if, as the article indicated boars sometimes do, the thing turned and charged?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:47 am
Calm down, littlek. Take a deep breath. In...out...in....out...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:52 am
(glaring at Gus).
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:53 am
<looking at kris with admiration.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:55 am
He was 5 when he killed his first deer. He's 11 now and killing Hogzilla.

(but not with his bare hands.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:58 am
SQuinney - oh...... didn't read very closely, did I?

(cocking an eyebrow at Gus)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 09:00 am
Please don't use the "cock" word with Gus in the room.

It only encourages him.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:51 pm
Hogzilla Hoax
You do know that this was a hoax of sorts. The pig was tame...raised on a farm. Based on what I heard the poor thing just stood there while filled full of bullets. Vile!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:12 pm
Hey, Magginkat. Haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well.

Yeah, I saw something the other day on one of the news channels analyzing whether or not it was real. I'm not a fan of hunting on preserves, and no one should ever eat that much bacon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:26 pm
The hog was named Sam.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:28 pm
Shocked

First rule of rural living... never name something you're gonna eat.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:29 pm
Hey Squinney
Doing great Squinney,

I just got tired of posting for a while.

Your back comment reminded me of an outrageous picture someone sent me a few days ago... I think the title was "Here's what happens if you eat too much bacon".

4 women standing in a row.........all were grotesquely fat!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:34 pm
Ha! I hope they don't live anywhere near a game preserve!
0 Replies