[answered]Bizarre clock/logout problem..

Monger

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:41 pm
Craven san, here's the latest weirdness (NB: my computer is fucked up on all sorts of marvellous levels, but I doubt that could be affecting this, since the reported forum time has nothing to do with my PC's clock anyway & besides my PC clock is correct)..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQCmAhoYA8oMEzlJ32wKP*bd5PlsSLR36dLPTmpAr4qU4WWItRf5TSP1lR460WFNzcy!cs60ug3ESKYCeA1WlsZMqjmLJghj*A*PPR!bZQ2V6*0olHCeEQ/timeglitch.gif?dc=4675431111733845585

When I took that screenshot, A2K was reporting the current forum time as Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:03 am (exactly 16 hours after when it was saying I last logged in). Problem is, I just closed IE & opened it again (effectively logging out & back in) about 30 seconds before receiving that message (hence only 2 new posts). My A2K time zone is & always has been set up correctly (GMT +9), so it has nothing to do with that.

Weirdly enough, and possibly related, the "Logout" link does not log me out at the moment. The link simply sends me to the forums/index.php page, still logged in. However, if I close IE then open A2K again, the "last visited" time on the home page will again offset itself to exactly 16 hours before the last time I logged in.

I've double-checked & reproduced what I'm saying here about 20 times since then & now (6:39 AM GMT+9). The home page is currently saying I "last visited on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:37 pm", which is exactly (to the minute) 16 hours before the last time I opened this site.

edit: typos fixed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,360 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:52 pm
PS: If someone else who thought what I wrote was clear enough to understand everything I tried to say could check what happens when they use the Logout link & check if the reported "Last visited time" is correct, that might be helpful to Craven. Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:53 pm
Monger,

The CMS pages (home page etc) do not use your selected timezone. I will eventually tie that into the selected forum time but right now it is code meant to be as separate from the forum code as possible.

I will look into changing this in an incrementation of 2.0
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 12:58 am
Ah. Makes sense.
And OK so Logout IS working (resets new post counter to 0, though it instantly logs me in again). Still, what is the reason you changed it from where before logging out would mean viewing the forum as a guest? This is preventing turning off 'Auto logon' at whim.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:08 am
Hmm, I just tested it. I logged out and was completely logged out and viewing as a guest.

I tested with and without cookies and in several different ways. Are you sure you aren't pulling up a cache?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:16 am
Positive. I've had problems with pulling up cached pages before on A2K but this isn't the same. I've cleared my cache & history & still it works the same way for me. I haven't tried adjusting my cookie settings.
It couldn't be a cache issue anyway.....it resets the new posts count to 0 and from there it'll grow again as new posts come in.
Very strange, if it's not something you've changed in code.

I'll try it from another PC.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:18 am
I haven't changed it. And I know you aren't talking about 2.0 because I have no log out link there yet.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:31 am
OK don't worry about it the problem was on my end. Seems there was something wrong with my Able2Know cookie, which I've now deleted. I can send you a copy of the quirky cookie if you're interested.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:35 am
Do you know how it's quirky? If so that'd spare me some sleuthing.

If not feel free to forward it my way.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 01:50 am
I've sent the evil pastry your way. Happy sleuthing! Twisted Evil
0 Replies