DEALING WITH ONE ANOTHER

Swimpy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 10:28 am
Set, I think that would be preferable. Beth, I didn't even think of looking in the memberlist. My guess is I'm not alone.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 10:47 am
Swimpy, I deleted that duplicate post for ya.
Just an FYI, folks, a Moderator contact button is on the way. In the meanwhile, a useable if clumsy workaround is to go to your PM account, click "New PM", and type" Moderator" (without the quotes, of course) into the "To:" field. At the risk of getting too complicated, I'd like to add that it is handy if, when you wish to call attention to a particular post, you i9nclude the URL for that post; it can be tricky to figure out anything from a message that reads something lile "So and so is being mean on the Thisandthat thread". At the top left of each message is the notation "Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:25 (or whatever the actual posting time was) Post subject:" Just to the left of that you'll see what looks like a tiny page with a folded corner. Right-click on that little image, then select "Copy Shortcut", and just paste that into your PM to Moderator. For instance, Setanta's post just previous to this is at: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=288152#288152 and my long rant is at: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=287876#287876
If you have trouble with that, don't worry; we'll still try to figure out what's going on if you let us know nothing more than "So and so is acting up on the this and that thread" ... it just might take a little longer.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 11:18 am
Thanks for the cleanup, timber. Your directions are very clear. Thanks
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 01:07 pm
Tartarin wrote:
...I think much depends on a moderator's tact and precision. There have been "moderations" which have offended -- as when a moderator steps into a situation where one single disrupter has got everyone riled and blasts everyone rather than taking the disrupter aside and applying a "time out." ....

This is a response to everyone, and not just to Tartarin.

I am responsible for the staff here. And I want to know if there is a perception of unfairness. It's important to us to be as fair as possible. However, there is a big picture out there - a picture that may not be clear to an individual member or even a group of members.

So, please tell me (just send me a PM) with specifics about what you perceive to be unfair. With reference to these PMs, I will not gossip and heads will not roll (yours or a Moderator's), so if you are looking for dirt or to "get someone in trouble", you're barking up the wrong tree. But I promise I will take your concerns under advisement. It's important to me that we Moderators do as good a job as possible. If there is a lack of confidence in our abilities - even if you lack confidence in my abilities - I want to know about it so that it can be changed for the better. Whether that takes shape in the form of a change in policy or an explanation to you or something else, I cannot say. But we cannot improve unless we know where you believe we are going astray.

Please, send me a PM if there is a concern. And I mean to me - not to Craven, as he's overwhelmed with PMs as it is. Send it to me. I will do my best. You are our constituency and we want to do the best job possible for you. Thank you.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 01:15 pm
Hey, Jespah! Suggestion noted! At the time we all got slammed because of one offender, we did raise the issue with the moderator who, clearly, was on overload at a time.

(Re: "...dirty water. Woof": I've had to banish mine from the office. P.U.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 01:16 pm
timber, If I can understand your instructions, everybody else should be able to. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
Except, perhaps, me. I also would never think to look in the memberlist for a moderator account, so I await the changes.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 05:40 pm
No matter how we deal with one another we all have different perceptions of each other, we all react differently to each other or others posts.
I've found that if something irks me, I go away for a bit and come back later, its the only way of NOT just ignoring it, NOT reacting or over-reacting to it, and taking the time to explore the possibilities as well as the importance or unimportance of it.
This doesn't mean that I dont come back and ignore it, sometimes I do. It does however mean that I have taken the time to compose myself. It has shown to be helpful many times.
Im no angel, I have my moments of sarcasm that are not simply jovial- however few and far between they are there.
We all have our good and bad days, we all have issues that hit a nerve more than they would with others, and we all have our own distinct personalities...this will cause the occassional ruffle in the feathers...thats life.
I do have to say however that with TOS being enforced and Moderators available, it makes it a better place to be--well, at least for me when I can hold my tongue and all that....remind me of that when I need a bit of a ruler across this keyboard. Wink
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:48:53