Accusing people of things that are untrue

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:43 am
Bastid! That's just another number for the one I gave...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:48 am
Ha! I ain't no stalker... now ya know I didn't try to call you!

However... I will gladly take any credit card numbers you feel like giving out...

Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:02 am
When sozobe asked TTH if she ever read a book, she responded by reading all the time and proceeded to count her books for sozobe. She has 840 books at home. TTH's reply was honest and sincere

I think we're dealing here with someone extremely naive and sheltered
who takes word for word literally down to the wires.

Or it could be gustav, playing out his femininity. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:08 am
The thing is, I don't think I ever asked her!

She volunteered, as some sort of intellectual cred or something, but it wasn't in response to a question of mine. (If someone finds where I posted such a question or something that could be possibly be construed as such a question, I'll recant, but my response when she addressed that to me was a giant "HUH???")
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:11 am
Here 'tis:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2601916#2601916

(Note lack of question...)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:12 am
Re: Accusing people of things that are untrue
Craven de Kere wrote:
TTH wrote:
Also, I don't want or expect a response from you Craven de Kere or anyone else for that matter. I am sick and tired of being accused of wanting attention because I simply ask a question.

Do note the irony that you finally don't want a response as soon as I am willing to give it.

Apparently YOU cannot read or understand what the sentence says. It means I DO NOT want a response from you.

Willing to give it, and I would know that how. I don't know what you are willing to do or not.
Craven de Kere wrote:
You've now gotten two responses, consider the first one a product of mounting annoyance

Mounting annoyance? You can't even prove that simply because it IS NOT TRUE.
Craven de Kere wrote:
and this one the result of your clever reverse-psychology.

Oh yeah, I am so clever and use reverse-psychology. That is also NOT TRUE.
Craven de Kere wrote:
TTH wrote:
Where in the hell do you see me asking you why you ignore me?

It is implied or stated outright in nearly all of your posts and Private Messages to me. Sometimes you'll state it outright, like in one of your PMs to me asking why the site members make you feel unwelcome. Even though I had no idea who you were or what you were talking about you were insistent on a response, saying "I understand you are busy, who isn't? Why can't you just take a moment and answer a question? Is it that much to ask? I really do not understand. "

..In nearly ALL my posts or private messages to you.
You make it sound like I pm'd you a lot or made a lot of posts towards you. That is also NOT TRUE.
Craven de Kere wrote:
............... you continued to ask me insipid questions.

You must have a need to insult someone to make yourself feel better.
Craven de Kere wrote:
Your routine seems to be to ask an off-topic question like "why do you want to kill the bunny?" or turn some uninteresting observation or statement about my current random avatar or signature into a question and go on about how you don't get an answer to your questions. You clearly know you are being ignored and you've even sometimes edited your posts to be more subtle about it.

For example in my thread about Mexico you posted (Post #2633093):

"What is it with you and the bunny? Why don't you want her to live? I would really like to know the answer. Per your support team in their response to me: "Participate in a productive and non-disruptive way on Able2Know.com itself. This includes staying clear of innuendo and attempts to provoke known site administrators into responding to you." If asking a question is so terrible than so be it.

After a while with everyone ignoring it you edited it to this:
    Excuse me I don't mean to interrupt, I just wanted you to know your sig lines crack me up. I don't get jokes usually, but yours are funny. Have fun in Mexico.

I edited that post because I felt it was inappropriate. Now that is funny, where exactly do you have a random avatar. You DON'T have an avatar.
Craven de Kere wrote:
Your routine seems to be....... and......But it seems like you've run into others telling you the same thing I finally told you all along. "

WHO exactly is following WHO. Now you know my routine. That is interesting if someone is NOT being followed.
Craven de Kere wrote:

Quote:
I DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN A PM EITHER. I pm'd you asking how is someone suppose to call you if they don't have your phone #. It was a question. It was also in response to YOUR POST TO CALL YOU.
I was addressing people who did have my number on a thread about site problems and told them to call me in certain situations, if you really didn't understand that I was talking to people who do have my phone number you could have asked on the thread, but you fire off a new PM to me and the question this time was how to call me without my number.
Quote:
I DON'T WANT your phone #. I have NO reason to have it. Why in the world would I call you anyway. So, don't make it out to look like I asked for your phone # when I didn't.

You are quite right. You did not ask for my phone number, you asked me how one might call me without my phone number.

So I amend my statement to state that I think you either couldn't figure out that I was talking to people who do have my number or you are fishing for the number. I don't know, don't care and the only part that I am trying to get across is that it was another example in this pattern of trying to get me to respond to you which I ignored and which wasn't taken as a hint.

But here's what I should have done way back then. I should have just told you to call.

641-985-7888

My question about your damn phone # had to do with a post YOU MADE in the FORUM HELP SECTION. I was reading the RULES.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:15 am
CalamityJane wrote:
When sozobe asked TTH if she ever read a book, she responded by reading all the time and proceeded to count her books for sozobe. She has 840 books at home. TTH's reply was honest and sincere

I think we're dealing here with someone extremely naive and sheltered
who takes word for word literally down to the wires.

Or it could be gustav, playing out his femininity. Wink

It is 839 and as far as being naive and sheltered. Would you like to know everyone's real name and exactly who all the moderators are.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:19 am
My name is Melvin Wallensky, and I own 974 books. On Wednesdays I like to eat a pastrami sandwich with just a little mustard.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:21 am
Sorry sozobe, I thought there was a question preceding the answer Laughing

TTH, when I say naive and sheltered I mean that you haven't had
great exposure to the world and its people.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:23 am
LionTamerX wrote:
My name is Melvin Wallensky, and I own 974 books. On Wednesdays I like to eat a pastrami sandwich with just a little mustard.

TMI, Melvin Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:25 am
My name is Gladys Gutzman and I have 16 books. I read them a lot though.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:27 am
sozobe wrote:
My name is Gladys Gutzman and I have 16 books. I read them a lot though.

How do you feel about Pastrami, Gladys ?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:27 am
sozobe wrote:

No, but your question is here and I wanted to address it.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94164&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am Post: 2596265 -
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:29 am
My name is John Beresford Tipton, and I have something for all of you. Problem is, that you can't tell anybody but your spouse, and not even him/her if that person has a big mouth! Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:30 am
This one?

Quote:
tryingtohelp, you have quite a talent for waiting until someone else has answered and then making it your own answer... I've noticed that before. Laughing Have you EVER answered one of these completely on your own, without co-opting someone else's answer or finding it through Google? Anyway.

Stuh, I got "eye" because I see one (can try to crop from the image to show you) and because the only letter I can really see is an "E" (with some stuff after it), thought it might be the word "eye."

Where, exactly, is the question that is anywhere near "how many books do you have?"

Oof, I need to go back to ignoring.

Not darling Melvin though. I am exceedingly fond of pastrami, especially when paired with a nice rye.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:32 am
TTH wrote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, I am so clever and use reverse-psychology. That is also NOT TRUE.

Which part is not true?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:32 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Sorry sozobe, I thought there was a question preceding the answer Laughing

TTH, when I say naive and sheltered I mean that you haven't had
great exposure to the world and its people.

You would know that how considering I have traveled in Europe
as well as Mexico and throughout the United States. You don't need
to respond Calamity Jane. I only wanted you to know I saw your post.

I am not going to post again on this thread so for the rest of you have fun playing your game.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:35 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
My name is John Beresford Tipton, and I have something for all of you. Problem is, that you can't tell anybody but your spouse, and not even him/her if that person has a big mouth! Shocked

Are you talking about your sister-in-law again, Phoenix.
It has become quite an obsession for you, and I do think that you
should seek help for that. There can be absolute harmony among
in-laws, you know?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:37 am
I have a lot of books, but I have not counted them. I am afraid though, that they are not the sort of books that one can become puffy chested about. My taste in reading tends towards psychological serial killer/slasher kinds of stuff.

Speaking of ending a sentence with a preposition, this was sent to me by my new DIL, a real darling who has magnolias coming out of her mouth:

Quote:
A couple from South Carolina and a couple from the Northeast were
seated side by side on an airplane.

The girl from South Carolina , being friendly and all, said, "So,
where ya'll from?"

The Northeast girl said, "From a place where they know better than to
use a preposition at the end of a sentence."
The girl from South Carolina sat quietly for a few moments and then
replied:

So, where ya'll from, bitch?"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:38 am
Are we supposed to be PMing Craven pastrami sandwiches or what?

I don't get this thread at all.

I'm going to have a really hard time explaining all that mustard in my computer to Mr. B.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/01/2024 at 10:10:50