Here I am again, trying to do a poetry poll.

jjorge

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:51 am
Thanks Kara. Great article.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:18 am
That is a great article. I'll have to look for her works. Ruth Stone. (Great name, too, solid.)

Kara -- I like your new quote. I can't always sing. I know lots and lots of songs, but when one comes bubbling out, it is almost a surprise, certainly not my pick! My songs pick me.

Jjorge -- It is December 10th. I'm remembering two whom I never met, but you said were important to you.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 07:42 pm
Piffka

Thanks for remembering.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 10:40 pm
Interesting article .... thanks, Kara.

Appears Ruth Stone is a remarkable woman who's had a remarkable life.

Eighty-seven years young,
With hair a henna hue,
Voice softly dropping blue
Words off a widow's tongue.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 09:46 am
Gosh, Debacle, how did I miss this? This poetry knack you have is 'mazing. Ruth Stone and blue words.

Jjorge -- Sorry to be so slow. I've posted on your other link a poem by EStVM that is more simply styled and with flowers as in Emily's garden. Marigolds were used for the Day of the Dead, as I'm sure you know, and Rosemary is for Remembrance.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 02:07 pm
Piffka wrote:
Gosh, Debacle, how did I miss this? This poetry knack you have is 'mazing. Ruth Stone and blue words.

Jjorge -- Sorry to be so slow. I've posted on your other link a poem by EStVM that is more simply styled and with flowers as in Emily's garden. Marigolds were used for the Day of the Dead, as I'm sure you know, and Rosemary is for Remembrance.

Thank you my friend. Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:52 pm
(((((Jjorge)))))
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 06:10 pm
Never get discouraged...
I voted other due to the fact. Simple,honest, and from the heart. The reason I did so was because I read alot, studying much. Though find myself always trapped within my own parrells of my own heart. Poetry and writing cand transcend someone to many places. When I read something by someone else it paints my own canvas, while they could of intended it for a whole other painting. Though I would have to say one of my favorite poems is the Illiad. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanx for all past support and happy holidays Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation
0 Replies