the third most beautiful woman in the world

noinipo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:36 am
Now there is a woman who does many good deeds and helps Muslim women to modernize. People like that do good work without much fanfare.
Queen Rania has been an outspoken advocate of women's rights.
She was named the third most beautiful woman in the world in the 2005 top 100 of Harpers & Queen magazine.
Philanthropy
Rania Al-Yassin (now Queen Rania al-Abdullah) is renowned for her philanthropic work. She is active in fields of national concern, as well microfinance, the protection of children from violence, the promotion of early childhood development, and the incorporation of technology into schools.

The Queen is involved with organizations including:

* Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation
* Jordan River Foundation
* Arab Women's Summit
* Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (AABFS) - a pioneering institute in the ME region offering technical and academic training in banking and financial services
* Jordan Cancer Society
* National Team for Family Safety
* National Team for Early Development
* Child Safety Program and Dar Al-Amman (center for abused and neglected children, the first of its kind in the Middle East)
* World Economic Forum (Foundation Board member) - In 2004, Queen Rania chaired the nomination committee for the newly founded Forum of Young Global Leaders, associated with the World Economic Forum.
* UN Children's Fund (particularly the Global Leadership Initiative)
* The Vaccine Fund (board member since 2002)
* International Youth Foundation
* FINCA International (Foundation for International Community Assistance; board member since 2003)
* International Osteoporosis Foundation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Rania_of_Jordan
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=queen+rania&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 911 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:22 am
sorry to be slightly off-subject but I am curious to know who the 1st and second most beutiful women in the world are?

x
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:36 am
Dorothy Parker and her twin sister.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:14 am
Embarrassed

I wish.

Tell you who I think is v beautiful, Aishwary Rai. The actress from Bride n Prejudice.
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:44 am
There are many beautiful women around. The ones that impress me the most are beauties who have intelligence and a strong mind. Audrey Hepburn was more beautiful than Marilyn Monroe.
Queen Rania is more of an outstanding woman than all these empty vessels that parade around in Cannes at the moment.
Ingrid Bergman and Liv Ullmann come to mind as well.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:31 pm
and of course Ingrid's daughter Isabella Rossellini.
0 Replies