Speaking Ill of the Dead

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:37 am
Diane- Exactly. I would not dream of saying something nasty about Falwell to one of his relatives, if I happened to know them, which I don't. That would be unkind, and unnecessary.

He was a public figure, whom I despised. I don't believe that the dead have any more of a "pass" than the living.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:38 am
I've been following this thread and the other and up until now I was torn on the subject because I see both sides. I feel the same as Suinney in the way that I'm not comfortable talking bad about the dead, but at the same time, I detest these types of people who cause so much pain for others.
When my abusive ex died a few years back, I cried and at first I thought I was going crazy and that there was no way I could possibly still care about this man to brought me to hell and back, I can't count the times.
Then I realized that it was my son I was crying for. The man was the father of my son and his death meant that he could never make things right with my son and that's something I always wished for.
After I got through that, I had no problem expressing my joy of the death of a man who did nothing but hurt others, including his children.
The man can no longer hurt anyone and for that I celebrated, so on that note, this guy can rot in hell with my ex. They would get along great.

I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:43 am
Quote:
The man was the father of my son and his death meant that he could never make things right with my son and that's something I always wished for.

Montana- Why on earth, would anyone be offended? Your ex was an evil man, and it is wonderful that he is no longer around to hurt anyone again.

From time to time, each and every one of us are plagued with "what ifs". Apparently, from how you have described him, your ex could have lived to 100, and not made things right with your son. At least now, he can no longer hurt him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:45 am
I am, for the first time, frightened about how a group of people will speak of me after I'm gone.

You are all viscious bastards and I am now sleeping with a nightlight.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:46 am
Bi- I never say anything about anyone unless it is good. With some people, it has to be really GOOD! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:53 am
That's so very true, Phoenix. My ex had recently left his wife before he died and his last conversation with our son was him telling our son that he was going to make things up to him and as much as I didn't believe it, I hoped, for my sons sake. Of course, knowing the man as well as I did, I never ever brought my hopes up too high, where he was concerned, but the hope was still there.
By this time our son was already 18 and making up for all the damage he did would have been impossible anyway.

If I still lived back in the states, I would have already been there several times to take a nice leak on his grave Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:54 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I am, for the first time, frightened about how a group of people will speak of me after I'm gone.

You are all viscious bastards and I am now sleeping with a nightlight.

Never need to worry about me, Bear, cuz I love ya man :-D
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:00 am
If I leave directions will you come by occasionally and take a leak on my grave?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:02 am
If that's something you would enjoy, I'd be happy too Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:08 am
Montana wrote:
If that's something you would enjoy, I'd be happy too Laughing

How come he gets all the good stuff?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:09 am
Hey, no worries. I can do a road trip and make rounds Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:10 am
she'll be needing all that beer now dadpad....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:12 am
Yeah, by the looks of things, I'll be needing quite a bit if I get more requests.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 05:20:55