May Crossword Club

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:56 pm
Have checked every word Tuesday, the only ones connected to our clue are, 45, 46 and 47. Might have to toss a coin for either "velarized" or "velarizes" Laughing
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:15 am
May Crossword Club
I agree Dutchy, I had the same result. Think I will go with velarizes as it seems to be more present tense than velarised. Won't post for a couple of days in case there is more input.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:37 pm
Tuesday have a look at the "English" thread under correct word, another intriguing answer from Clary, she is a grammar expert! Where do we go from here? Laughing
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:59 pm
May Crossword Club
Good morning Dutchy
Yes interesting answer from Clary, but you have to wonder if the compilers of Crossword Club are as grammatically correct as she is. Who knows?????
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:06 pm
Hi Tuesday

We'll know the answer next month, will keep a close watch for it. By the way what do you have for 13d in 'Top Hat" - The Ottoman Turkish court and Government? I have e?r?p

Dutchy
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:27 pm
May Crossword Club
Hi Dutchy
for 13d (top hat) i have etrop or porte backwards. Thanks for all your help with sharpen your wits it's been interesting I will wait until Friday and then I'm posting mine with velarises unless something pops up in the meantime.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:40 pm
Thanks Tuesday, have completed the lot now, except that "Sharpen Your Wits" one. Laughing

Will keep at it a little longer.

Regards Dutchy.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:27 pm
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:42 pm
May Crossword Club
Well done Dutchy, I will put the S in and seal the envelope. It's been fun working this out with your help. Nothing like a bit of a challenge. Regards. Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:05 am
Hi Tuesday

I'm going to put in a 'd' as the compiler now indicates a 'past tense'.

Dutchy
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:30 am
May Crossword Club
OK Dutchy a D it is, I guess I was just happy clue had been resolved wasn't thinking about tense.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:10 am
Good luck Tuesday, you'll probably win it now. Laughing
0 Replies

spunk

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:37 am
May Crossword Club
Can anyone help me with the answer to May Crossword Club - Sharpen Your Wits - 26a Earrings with a Pendant. The clues I have are -a-d-e-s. As far as I know all the clues are correct.
Thanks
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:52 am
Hi Spunk

You asked this question questerday also on another thread, it was then answered by two people!

The answere is "eardrops"

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

spunk

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:59 am
Dutchy wrote:
Hi Spunk

You asked this question questerday also on another thread, it was then answered by two people!

The answere is "eardrops"

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dutchy
This is my first attempt to use this web site and it is all very new to me. I did not find the previous answers so will have to try looking. I really appreciate your help and will promise to try and get better at this.
Spunk
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:09 am
No problems spunk, I had a feeling you lost your first posting, easily done first up. Here is the reference if you want to have a look:
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:12 pm Post: 2669525 - May Crossword Club
Click on "your posts" lift top corner of posts and you will get all your posts. Good luck.
0 Replies

spunk

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:22 am
Thanks a lot for all your help. I had apparently been spelling another word incorrectly. No doubt will catch you again for the June Crossword Club - they certainly make them hard and keep your brain working
Spunk
0 Replies