Lion Tamer, Thomas, Stuh505, Squinney, Bear Have Decided

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 07:12 am
Coincidentally, on Saturday morning on NPR there was an interview with Andy Griffith. He came across as a hell of a nice guy. He is now 80, lives in Manteo, NC, and is still acting. His most recent role is in a film called "Waitress."

UVA, by the way, does not have a "campus" like lesser schools. "The Grounds" is the true term.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 07:40 am
like coffee you mean?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 07:46 am
realjohn the only thing you have even close to the magnificence of Andy and Opie in your neck of the woods is Daisy at Sweetbriar, where back in the day I got intoxicated and laid at her feet several times, once barely escaping the police. Laughing

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/102005/10222005/138419
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:37 am
By the way, Bear, my older brother went to NCS (Forestry/1964). He was assigned to a brand new dorm complex. The architects didn't put in sidewalks for a semester. And that was by design. They wanted to see where people would walk, rather than dictating where people should but probably wouldn't walk. I always thought that was a cool idea.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:50 am
rjb,
That's how they built the roads around here too. They just paved over where the wagon ruts were the deepest. :wink:
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 11:02 am
You have paved roads in NC? Was that done recently?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 01:43 pm
Hoping, Thomas is back by now - with all his luggage :wink: ...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 01:59 pm
From the time frame he gave me (9 hour flight) he should have been home in the wee hours of eastern standard time.

He's probably been knocked off his natural clock. The time change is probably bad enough, but then throw in the biscuits and gravy, southern seafood and hush puppies, Krispy Cremes, and southern fried chicken and collard greens and it seems likely we may have put him into hibernation.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:20 pm
No chitlings? Hmn.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:25 pm
He didn't seem so receptive to those, or the pickled pigs feet we discussed, so we didn't push the issue.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 03:15 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:04 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

As usual, I'm back, but my luggage is not. Worse, my laptop's cable was in the suitcase that hasn't arrived yet. So when I started it up yesterday to let you know I'm fine, it spent about 15 minutes checking itself for viruses, then died of an empty battery. It never let me get on the internet.

But I'm safely in Germany and happily (yeah, right) at work.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:10 am
realjohnboy wrote:
But touring the campuses of UNC, NCS and Duke is a pathetic substitute for visiitng the grounds of UVA. Perhaps next time, Thomas.

I'll sure try. Thanks again for your invitation, John!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:33 am
I guess that famous German precision ends where Air Travel begins. Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:01 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I guess that famous German precision ends where Air Travel begins. Laughing

Nope. We had a thunderstorm at Raleigh/Durham just when my plane to Philadelphia was ready to take off. As a result, I barely caught my connection, and my suitcase almost caught it. So this is all America's fault. (Throws up hands dramatically.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:35 am
Bush!

http://i6.tinypic.com/4pxk3lf.gif

That's Bush's fault - looks typically like him ...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:20 am
Re: Lion Tamer, Thomas, Stuh505, Squinney, Bear Have Decided
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Over a very enjoyable dinner tonight, we have decided beyond a shadow of a doubt which of you A2Kers are okay and which ones are terminal and pathetic ass holes.

I will not name names, but make no mistake, the die is cast. Our decisions are final.

I'm still waiting for you to publish this list. Come on... out with it!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:31 am
Happy to hear you are back home safe and sound.

Gracie has been pouting and depressed since you left... Much like the rest of us. I asked if she misses Thomas, and she gave a sad little half wag of her tail.

Regarding the bad weather, we can't blame Bush without giving him even more power. NOT something we want to do. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:40 am
glad you made it home okay... I talked to my daughter at the bank about that other thing we discussed and she is looking in to it.... I'm not a charmer like squinney but I do have my practical uses....
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:48 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
glad you made it home okay... I talked to my daughter at the bank about that other thing we discussed and she is looking in to it.... I'm not a charmer like squinney but I do have my practical uses....

Thanks! I know you do. I'd expand on your helpfulness, but I'm way too intimidated by that thread you made just a few pages ago ....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:17:44