[resolved]A Couple of Things

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:41 am
First, I'm checkin' to see if updates are working.

Second, I have a laser mouse and it takes me several clicks to get a response. Got cheese? Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,498 • Replies: 16
No top replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:43 am
What kind of cheese?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:47 am
Which updates? Do you mean the "new posts" counter?

Does the problem with your mouse only occur on these message boards or in general? Have you done a process of elimination back to the source to eliminate it being a problem local to your PC?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:47 am
Wisconsin cheese head! LOL
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:56 am
Very Happy I have to click several times to make this lab rat work, and yeah, Wisconsin cheese laced with decon.

Obviously I am not getting updates, cause I didn't get none with this post. Wonder if it's Yahoo?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 04:17 pm
Ah, you mean updates on this thread. It may sound like a dumb question, but have you clicked "Watch this topic for replies"? It's at the bottom of the page. You can also check - does this thread show up in your "Watched topics" list (the link is at the top of the page)?

As for your mouse, I have no idea what the cause could be. Are you having problems with it on any other sites?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 10:02 am
Hey, Jes--yes! Very Happy Mouse is recovering somewhat. I think his pad needed cleaning. Mouses are not the neatest things, I've found.

And I did check "notify me when a reply is posted". Here's what I have found. I have gotten updates occasionally on very long and old threads, but none so far on the ones that I have created; like this on, for instance.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 10:45 am
Because problems with your mouse have nothing to do with the forum I am marking this thread as resolved.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 10:48 am
Another thing, can we please keep the banter out of this forum? It's not easy to provide technical support for a large site and it's much harder with nonsensical banter being posted on help requests.

If someone asks a question on the help forum please do not take it as a chat thread. If you don't have an answer stay out. I read all of the postings to this forum and no, I do not do so to talk about cheese. I do so to provide support for the site and the banter just makes it harder to do so.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 11:14 am
Sorry, Craven. I just thought perhaps that the fault lay in my equipment. I'll be quite careful in the future. It was certainly not my intention to create any problem here, nor has it ever been.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 12:10 pm
Letty,

I was talking to Husker and New Haven who came here to play and not contribute any answer. I am asking that they use one of the many other forums for such banter and let those who are here to do volunteer work get the job done.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:00 pm
Craven, I really appreciate your clarification. Thanks my young friend.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:31 pm
No problem Letty. As to email updates please be patient on that as there are several issues to resolve related to the updates.

I have tinkered with complicated settings on the server to make the pages load faster but there are some email difficulties.

There is also an issue with the quick reply box turning off email updates and I intend to resolve that as well in a future release of A2K.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:54 pm
I am not having the problems loading pages that I had before. If that means anything.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:00 pm
Good news swimpy!

Letty, thanks for the heads up about the updates I didn't realize how bad the situation was so I spent all day on the server and the result is that now the server is running much faster and the email updates should be working.

So now, I believe, that this help request is completely resolved. Now I just gotta clear out 20,000 emails that backed up on the server. Your email updates are in there somewhere but I'm going to delete them.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:12 pm
Gotcha, Craven. Everything is okay here. I've gotten every update from this thread Cool

Goodnight to all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:29 pm
Letty, if your mouse is not better, you could post its problems over at computers. A vet may come by!
0 Replies