They slaughter horses, don't they?

flushd

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 01:26 pm
I like pigs! Smile

Except when they are loose and on a tear. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 02:41 pm
From today's [London, UK] Evening Standard, (West End Final, page 23, copied/pasted)

Quote:
http://i6.tinypic.com/6gv1fnq.jpg

Manure demo as Ramsay puts horse on his TV menu

AMAR SINGH

ANIMAL RIGHTS campaigners dumped a lorry-load of horse manure outside one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants today in protest at his TV show The F-Word.

The demonstration by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals at the entrance to Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's in Mayfair came before tonight's episode in which the chef and Janet Street-Porter discuss horse meat, which she serves at Cheltenham Racecourse.

Just after midday, activists held up banners proclaiming: "Just Say Neigh", as a lorry reversed on to the pavement and dumped the load.

Staff at Claridge's called the police who, with a Westminster council environmental safety officer, were working to clear the pavement this afternoon. They confirmed that no arrests were made.

A campaigner said: "Ramsay's promotion makes light of the cruelty horses killed for meat endure." Ramsay's spokeswoman said the programme does not "seek to suggest anything other than the paramount importance of the ethical welfare of any animals".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 06:29 am
http://i14.tinypic.com/4mi5bts.jpg

Press release online
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:17 am
First they came for my foie gras, and I did nothing because I couldn't afford to buy any foie gras.

Then they came for my horse meat, and I did nothing because I'm not French.

Then they came for my fatty foods deep fried in trans fats, which they'll have to take FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:45 am
joefromchicago wrote:
First they came for my foie gras, and I did nothing because I couldn't afford to buy any foie gras.

Then they came for my horse meat, and I did nothing because I'm not French.

Then they came for my fatty foods deep fried in trans fats, which they'll have to take FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!

Too much trans fat and that won't be long.
0 Replies