[answered] Explain, please

Letty

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:01 am
I tried to PM someone for help concerning my pictures not appearing properly, and got this message:

To prevent abuse such as SPAM you can only have one unread new message within this time span. Please wait a few minutes before sending a new message. This limitation is reset if your last new PM is read by the recipient and this does not affect replies to PMs you have received.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,369 • Replies: 8
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:14 am
I've never gotten that one... wonder if it's new.

Why don't you try again? I bet the "time span" in the message is short.

If that doesn't work, looks like you'll need to wait until messages you've sent have been read before you can send another.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:23 am
Well, I sent one to soccer George because someone on the forum was looking for him. It was unanswered, so I deleted it.

Thanks, soz. While I have your attention, I have the strangest situation with MSN. When I click on the links to A2K from Yahoo, I often get the message from MSN:

"The site you requested cannot be found. message aborted." Generally, all I have to do is click "refresh" and it works. I didn't get that message this time, however. Odd, no?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:25 am
Odd indeed... I can't tell you anything useful there, though, sorry...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:30 am
Ah, well, the mysteries of Bill Gates may never be fathomed. Didn't get the message this time either. Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 04:31 am
Soz, I am going to PM you and see if it works this time.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:18 am
I've had it happen before. I think what had happened in my case was that I clicked on the "Send" button and it turned out that it was actually 2 clicks so the A2K system thought I was trying to send the same PM twice in a matter of milliseconds.

When I checked my "Sent Mail" there was one copy sitting there waiting for the recipient to read it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:23 am
Hey, fishin'. I deleted the unread message to soccer George, and the PM to Soz worked. Thanks for that tip, cause often I press too hard on the send button and it does the double thing.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 11:16 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94969
For people that want to keep up.
0 Replies