What's your enneagram type?

fbaezer

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 12:15 pm
Have you ever done an enneagram test? Myself, my family, most of my friends and coworkers have done it. I find the results to be quite telling, ocassionally fun, and sometimes useful.

This is a site where you can make the test. I recommend the New Test, but the RHETI is faster.

http://www.9types.com/

BTW, I'm a Two.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 8,522 • Replies: 93
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 12:29 pm
My scores seemed a little contradictory -- my highest score (12) was for a Two (Helper), but my lowest score (-7) was for a Nine (Peacemaker.) So I'm a confrontational helper?

My scores were pretty spread out. (2, 12, 3, -3, 3, -6, -4, 0, -7, respectively.)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 12:40 pm
I took the new test and come up as a Type 1 - "The Reformer".
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 12:51 pm
Type 1 3
Type 2 4
Type 3 2
Type 4 -3
Type 5 4
Type 6 -12
Type 7 9
Type 8 2
Type 9 -9

But I really didn't like the questions (too simplistic, poor wording).
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:08 pm
That was fun. I tried the New Test and the RHETI. Top scores on both were 8, 9, leader and peaceful.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:20 pm
This is fun.
And some results are quite as I expected.
I was sure fishin' would come out as a 1: his interest in justice and fairness tells it all.
I also thought of sozobe as a 2. I'm also low in "9". We are not peacemakers, we only want our friends to feel good (and to feel good about us).
(sozobe, helper and confrontational? Look at your avatar!)
I wasn't sure is Craven would come out as a 5 (my first choice) or as a 7. Seems that he is more restless and fearless than anything else. And it was his "5" side that critisized the wording (I concede it's not great science).
mackenzie, perhaps if you look up at the definitions types you'll identify more with either "8" or "9".
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:33 pm
Why does the sight make the assumption that a person will know there results of Myers Briggs?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:34 pm
I was seven and nine on the new test. I agree with CDK that the questions were poorly worded.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 03:09 pm
I'm a Reformer - with a score of 11. My second highest was in Leader with a 9.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 03:42 pm
Quote:
(sozobe, helper and confrontational? Look at your avatar!)

Touche!! Laughing Embarrassed Twisted Evil
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 04:43 pm
Type 1 = 7
Type 2 = 3
Type 3 = 5
Type 4 = 2
Type 5 = 5
Type 6 = 5
Type 7 = 2
Type 8 = 4
Type 9 = 3

So I am a, um, Reformer with some Motivator, Thinker and Skeptic, and very little Romantic or Enthusiast. Not a lot of Helper or Peacemaker, either.

Yep, that's me - but I agree the questions are waay too simplistic.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:17 pm
Oops. I voted wrong -- misinterpreted the results. Came in with eights under Thinker and Skeptic, go figure. Now I'm just wishing I had read the thing right and not marked eight, since there are (sniff) no people in at 5 or 6.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:36 pm
In descending order:

Thinker (8), Artist (7), Leader (5), Motivator (1), Reformer (-1), Peacemaker (-3), Helper (-4), Generalist (-6), Skeptic (-7)

Still, I have no idea about what this might say about me.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:27 pm
I guessed Jespah right.

boomerang, the result is a 5 with 4 wing. The iconoclast thinker, not the mainstream "problem solver". It says you withdraw, but "the withdrawal revolves around a need for mental control. 5s are most likely to think before they act, and the scientific method comes naturally to the 5's minds, which are constantly seeking to explain the world, get a handle on it, and predict what it will do next".

patiodog, you come out as either a "problem solver" or a "defender", it depends on whether you put more emphasis in your need to understand the world or your need to feel secure.

Joanne Dorel, I guess they put the Myers-Briggs option for statistical purposes.

Anyway, it's more entertainment than science, but I like the stuff.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:30 pm
fred, has your squirrel been hanging out with dlowan's rabbit? bad influences, you know...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:32 pm
Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.
Type 2: The Helper. The caring, nurturing type.
Type 3: The Motivator. The adaptable, success-oriented type.
Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.
Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type.
Type 6: The Skeptic. The committed, security-oriented type.
Type 7: The Generalist. The enthusiastic, productive type.
Type 8: The Leader. The powerful, aggressive type.
Type 9: The Peacemaker. The easygoing, accommodating type.

My score is so strongly Type 5 that I almost tipped the canoe over. Looks like I could use a bit more balance.

Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9
......-2......0.......-7........-1.........10.......0.........1.........0.........-1.........

My mother was right - Success is not a motivator for me.

The results are pretty much in line with other tests I've taken, though the 'brainiac' side of me seems to be at a particular high point right now.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:36 pm
Thank you for the analysis of my score, fbaezer. I think what you said is very interesting.

While I consider myself a "mind my own business" type, Mr. B calls me the master manipulator and rigorously insists that the fact I don't require credit for my ideas makes me able to get my way without people ever guessing that they've been "had" (his word).

Maybe I am a bit more mentally controlling than I thought. Hmmmm......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:44 pm
fbaezer - do i even qualify for a wing?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:52 pm
Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.

Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type.

Type 7: The Generalist. The enthusiastic, productive type.

I think that's about right!
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 07:02 pm
My highest score was seven, but I can't recall which type it came under. Was there a type called ADD or Short-Term Memory Flunker? Whatever the type number was, the indication's I'm a Generalist, whatever the heck that is. Run 'o the mill, I 'spect. Question Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's your enneagram type?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:58:35