Long Island Police Nab Wayward Alligator

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
Quote:
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (AP) - Humans weren't the only species basking in the Northeast's warm weekend weather, as police helped capture a small alligator sunbathing by a small pond in this Long Island town.
It was a startling sight on Saturday in a community just 35 miles from Manhattan. The American alligator is native to the South and it is against New York law to own one, said Ray Gross, chief of the Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Green with yellowish stripes and roughly 2 feet long, the animal appeared to be about 3 years old, Gross said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=2007-04-22_D8OLLLJ00&show_article=1&cat=breaking

I'll bet that it crawled out of a sewer pipe!!! Laughing

It is so funny. Here in Florida we have alligators EVERYWHERE. We have retention ponds, to collect the water during the rainy season to prevent flooding. Each pond, according to its size, has it own resident gator or two. At night, sometimes you can see one walking from one pond to the other.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 966 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 07:55 am
Uh oh I better call my folks.
0 Replies