December 2012

Dedshaw

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 07:47 pm
For those of you who have never heard of this, back in the day the Mayans created a calender and predicted events that would happen on certain days by paying attention to the stars. they were quite good at it too b/c lots of the things they predicted came true. they were professionals practically, and of course they would be, back in the day like that you had no Xbox or PC, what else do you have to do? so they found a hobby......anyway it seems that they predicted that come december the year 2012 , either the 21st or the 20th of that month, has been labeld the "End Day" because the winter solstice is "aligned" with the Milky Way. they never said how though, ill try to look for dates that they said something major would happen on that day for proof, until then what is your opinion on all of this? hogwash and u think life will go on...just like last year on june 6th, when it was 666 lined up and ppl thought something bad was gonna happen but never did, or do you think theses people know what they are talking about and truly some catastrophic event will end the world? although, from the paragraph below it appears that the media warped this idea into something bad, when in reality this date could bring something good, whatever a new beggining might mean anyway...

Jonathan McGregor Bethel
"It must be stated at the outset of this article that the expectation in 2012 of any singular event could very well lead to complete disappointment. None of us know for certain what will happen in the years to come, especially the specific date of 12-21-2012, as the future is yet to occur. I try to approach this great mystery of 2012 with an open yet discriminating mind, open to possible scenarios yet discriminating and requiring evidence. That being said, it is obvious that right now is a time of radical transformation, and society is subconsciously gearing up for a "Shift of the Ages," a moment when the Zeitgeist, the spirit of our time, shifts to a higher pattern. Many are coming forward to proclaim "The End of the World," and they point to the Maya themselves as stating the end is coming. But the fact remains that the Maya encoded the ending of one 13baktun calendar cycle and a new beginning, what they called "Creation Day." This is not the "End of the World" being solicited in the main stream media, a guarantee that doom, tumultuous changes, and a turmoil ridden future lies ahead; they are using the tried and true application of fear to make money, and it is very reasonable that this fear is in place, for events could be very dire, yet we have to approach this moment in history with the poise and watchfulness of the spiritual warrior.

Although mankind has traversed the evolutionary gap between the savage rain forest and the modern civilized city, it now sits in a very alarming situation; it now faces a bifurcation point in the evolutionary path it has trod thus far. This unavoidable fork in the road will lead us either down the path of destruction and decimation, or we will be impelled down the evolutionary channels toward enlightenment and liberation, freeing ourselves from the entropic grip of materiality and the thralldom of our everyday world. This is a very novel predicament for humanity, one it has never seen before, a moment a planet brings forth only once in its' lifetime. This razor's edge that we are teetering on is fast becoming a slippery slope, and the global operational systems are careening out of control. On the one hand, we have reached a monumental moment in which all indicators point to the fact that we are approaching a quantum leap in our evolutionary trek, a rapturous instant in which our species' evolution shifts to a higher, unimaginable level of functionality; however, on the other hand, the global situation looks very grim, and certain actualities could create a situation where our existential being is subjected to harsh realities, realities that are the consequence of what we started long ago in history. This situation is building up more and more pressure and is working its' way toward a breaking point. Because of humanity's selfish and disharmonious behavior, we have created a situation that looks fairly dire and dreadful for our species, yet the contradictory is also true; never before has the human race been so perfectly poised so as to initiate a whole series of evolutionary steps that could precede a Utopian civilization. "
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,988 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Dedshaw

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:00 am
i take it no one wants to post thier opinoin....just vote i see...at least if you vote "other" u could explain urself...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:03 pm
What do the stars have to do with predicting events on Earth? They are millions of light years away and they do not affect us at all other than making pretty pictures and stories.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 04:04 pm
Since the Mayan civilization went kaput, what possible evidence is there to compel us in the modern age to believe that they knew what was to come so far in the future?
0 Replies

Dedshaw

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:23 pm
they didnt predict specific events, they predicted certain dates that would bring bad or good things, and they were right like all the time...and i still cant find any articles of proof yet...
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:19 pm
I think I probably watched the same Discovery or History Channel program you did. It's usually pretty easy to say a prediction or prophecy came true after the fact, which, of course, the 'experts' on Mayan prophecy/calendar were doing. The real test is knowing what will happen before it does.

Unfortunately, no one knows exactly what the Mayans thought would happen in 2012. In the interest of a unique opportunity to examine a prophecy scientifically, one should operationally define the conditions under which the Mayan 'prophecy' might be considered fulfilled (which doesn't eliminate the possibility that a satisfying condition occurred by random chance, but would still lend support to the hypothesis that the Mayans had precognition). Obviously, if the Earth is destroyed by a rogue asteroid or humanity is utterly obliterated by some other catastrophe in December of 2012, then there will be no one to appreciate the scientific support for Mayan precognition.

So what events, short of human annihilation, could be taken as reasonable evidence of the fulfillment of the Mayan prediction? My top nominees are: the eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano, a complete cessation of global martial violence, or globally televised and incontrovertible contact with extra-terrestrial intelligence.

Any event considered must have global significance and affect a substantial proportion of the Earth's population. It must also be very rare or utterly unique historically. So what are your picks?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:48 am
well perfect alignments and gravititational and other forces could cause tide changes/meteor trajectory changes etc...

it could be just "the end" of this "era"
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 05:31 pm
We had a major aligning of planets (with the Earth and Sun) a few years ago and the result was buttkiss, nodda, zip, zero, nothing. I'd agree that a major meteor impact on that date would meet the operational definition of Mayan prophecy fulfillment, but "end of the era" is fairly meaningless unless it's connected to something more concrete...say, a movement that will eventually end world hunger beginning or winning its first major victory on 12/21/12 might be taken as evidence supporting prophecy fulfillment.

One of the Mayan Prophecy shows was on The History Channel yesterday evening...ironic that the guy from some astrology organization was given more face-time than the actual archeologist/Mayan expert.
0 Replies

hildar

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 05:11 pm
Alot will happen
Alot will happen on that date. In fact even scientist have proven that in Dec of 2012 there will be alot that will happen. Many believe it will be the end of the world. Others believe as I do that it will be the start of a new world.

1) The sun will be in the very middle of the milky way.

2) The sun will have a greater gravitation then ever, it will also send out massive solar flares.

3) Huge solar flares will hit the earth in Dec, 2012 causing massive power outages worldwide. It also will cause problems with our wobble.

4) The sun will move us with its gravity from the top of the milky way to the bottom of it.

5) 2012 is being forecast as the peak of the next sunspot cycle, and physicists are saying it's going to be an active one. the next sunspot cycle will be between 30 and 50 percent stronger than the current cycle.

6)hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions caused by solar storms, cracks forming in the earth's magnetic field

7)In 2012 the next polar reversal will take place on earth, Scientifically this can only be explained by the fact that the earth will start rotating in the opposite direction, together with a huge disaster of unknown proportions.

8) The interior of the earth will then change and start rotating in the opposite direction.

All of this is to happen over a 1 month period starting in Dec, 2012. This is just part of what is to happen. In the mean time we will see more bad things happening. The site below is the best one that I know of. I have many other sites if you want more info.

There is tons more to be read about it here:

http://www.december212012.com/articles/phenomenon/index.shtml

The shock of all of this is how many people wont be prepared for it when it comes. The US government is already selling places in there bunkers for billions of dollars so the rich will live, that should mean something to all of us.

Hilda
0 Replies

hildar

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 05:18 pm
Mills75 wrote:
I think I probably watched the same Discovery or History Channel program you did. It's usually pretty easy to say a prediction or prophecy came true after the fact, which, of course, the 'experts' on Mayan prophecy/calendar were doing. The real test is knowing what will happen before it does.

Unfortunately, no one knows exactly what the Mayans thought would happen in 2012. In the interest of a unique opportunity to examine a prophecy scientifically, one should operationally define the conditions under which the Mayan 'prophecy' might be considered fulfilled (which doesn't eliminate the possibility that a satisfying condition occurred by random chance, but would still lend support to the hypothesis that the Mayans had precognition). Obviously, if the Earth is destroyed by a rogue asteroid or humanity is utterly obliterated by some other catastrophe in December of 2012, then there will be no one to appreciate the scientific support for Mayan precognition.

So what events, short of human annihilation, could be taken as reasonable evidence of the fulfillment of the Mayan prediction? My top nominees are: the eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano , a complete cessation of global martial violence, or globally televised and incontrovertible contact with extra-terrestrial intelligence.

Any event considered must have global significance and affect a substantial proportion of the Earth's population. It must also be very rare or utterly unique historically. So what are your picks?

You may find this interesting then:

http://www.december212012.com/articles/disaster/3.shtml

I just came across that and figured I would let you know one of your events may happen.

Hilda
0 Replies

Dedshaw

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:13 pm
havent logged on in awhile to this form, but now that im back i read those last 2 posts, and some of the sites that you put in with them, and im quite frightened by all that actually. If this is all scientifically true and can be proved, my future and preparing for my future is pratcially pointless it seems like...but ill still go to college anyway i spose..
0 Replies