Pope Reverses Church Stand on Limbo

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:26 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
They should be better educated about their religion, I think.

Smile Ha, that's funny.
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 04:40 pm
This just goes to show you how grossly inadequate the bible is.

If the bible is supposed to be the best we have in regards to a template for how do live our lives, and if it was written by the creator of the universe, why does it have such gross omissions? Like what happens to dead babies? (Like mentioning abortion at ALL?) And yet it has explicit instructions on how to destroy the villages of those who do not share your faith.

My point is, we all want answers to the big questions as human beings. Those who have surrendered those questions exclusively to a church are resigned to not really think about it further.

When the church is asked questions by its followers to answer questions that are not found in the bible, I think we find that they just make it up as they go along. Hence... the concept of limbo was born.

So many times when things didn't make sense to me, and I asked a Catholic authority... if there was no logical explanation (if God has the power to cure a person of HIV... why wouldn't he just cure ALL HIV?) I was told to chalk it up to "God's Plan".

Whatever.

The Catholic church is in damage control mode now... ironically, bringing to light some of its more questionable beliefs.
0 Replies