New bridge for the Hudson River? (Images)

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 09:23 am
I understood that the George Washington Bridge has long been in need of renovation. The money which would be wasted on that idiotic plan could easily be used to prepare the GW Bridge for another 60 or 70 years of good service, and would have the added advantage of helping out an automobile thoroughfare. If you want beauty, try driving over the GW Bridge into the Delaware Water Gap just at sunset--it's gorgeous scenery, and it doesn't cost anything more than the cost of gasoline to go look at it.

Stupid idea, and a thorough-going waste of money.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 11:05 am
Good idea, Set. I'll vote for 'other' on that basis.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:02 am
Quote:

Looks fantastic, what a great idea 9%[ 1 ]

My, that's ugly 45%[ 5 ]

I wouldn't want another Hudson Bridge no matter what it looked like 9%[ 1 ]

I would want a bridge there with the same functions, just not THAT on
0%[ 0 ]

I would want a bridge there, but for automobiles too. 18%[ 2 ]

Other choice or comment 18%[ 2 ]

Well here are the results. You said you couldn't see them without that button.
My vote still stands as is. I still like it even though I am outvoted.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:13 am
TTH wrote:
You said you couldn't see them without that button.

Since OssoB's voted now, she should be able to see the results whenever she comes to the thread.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:16 am
ehBeth wrote:
TTH wrote:
You said you couldn't see them without that button.

Since OssoB's voted now, she should be able to see the results whenever she comes to the thread.

Thank you I did not know that.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:53 pm
A bridge too far out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:25 pm
I could have seen the results at any time by clicking on the view results button and I did that repeatedly, since I wished to see how the vote was going. Once one votes, the results show at the top of the pages without one having to click the view results button.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:26 pm
Shepaints, I think I saw that movie...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:51 pm
i voted that it looks fantastic.... which it doesn't, but i don't think it's hideous either. it's interesting. i'd definitely do a double take and go explore if i saw it. and i like the idea of using it for functions. we have a restaurant on a bridge over danube and it's one of my most favorite places.

dunno. i'd prefer to vote "i feel rather lukewarm yet intrigued by this project"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:04 pm
Yeah, but. . . . Well, in my family, we often describe experiences as "interesting", when we prefer not to hurt someone's feelings, without actually lying.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:22 pm
Well, I was, as I said, mixed on it. I don't think it is all that ugly, though I don't love it, especially the suppository shape. I found the idea interesting, but had qualms about futzing with the clear expansive line of the Hudson. On the matter of walking across the Hudson, I'm not clear on how different the length of a bridge there is versus the Golden Gate, which people walk all the time... and some jump off. I could google the lengths, of course. Anyway, Set settled it for, me, I'd rather fix the GWashington.
0 Replies