Iron or Steel?

upandrunning

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 05:51 am
Good Afternoon Francis,

Thank you for your answer, Yes, we do count the same way as you do in France, I apologise for my mistake, but one thing we are not and that is rude! Enjoy your weekend.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:27 am
Is my comment perceived as being rude? Shocked
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:59 am
PAX!
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 02:56 pm
Quizzyheights
Hi again Upandrunning.

Well, I'm not sure I could have come up with that answer for the children. I was thinking in terms of values for letters and taking consonants from vowels or vice versa, but I hadn't got it to work.

Hope you have the right answer now.

Anyway, I have cracked the Goats head soup question (I think) and am awaiting a reply from Chris to see if I have got the other 9.

Song lyrics is the key, but the song doesn't contain the names given, it contains the names connected with them. So, who recorded Goats Head Soup, who painted Guernica, who starred in Shanghai Express and where is the Cresta Run. It's a chart topper from 1969.

If you don't know it now then where have you been to, my lovely? Just put the 4 answers in Google. It will leap out.

Bon chance!
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 03:31 pm
Feeling Good! Just won £50 on LOTTO.
Thanks for the clue - got it! I have been trying to find this answer for over a week.

Good Luck with your entry.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:30 am
Has Francis been rude, I have never noticed Francis being rude, shouldn't we have an investigation into this matter?

Call The Pink Panther!
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:07 am
Mathos, Just me! Took his answer the wrong way. No problems. Thanks
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:51 pm
Quizzyheights
Well, Upandrunning, just 2 of us with all correct entries. I presume it is you and me. Though with more than 2 weeks to go, I think there may be more by the end, especially if people have been listening in to our discussion.

Mind you, if they were searching on Google and it took them to your question on A2K (which is how I first got here), they won't find it because the final resolution came under a different question. Let's just keep it to ourselves eh?

Congrats on the lottery. I haven't had one for a while but I am leading the office Fantasy Football league with 3 weeks to go (first prize £150+), so if I win that I won't mind if you get the £10 book token. Generous or what?

Incidentally, I thought there was just a hint of sarcasm when Francis asked if we add up differently in England. Incidentally, I misunderstood his solution originally and, like you, thought that one of the answers was wrong. I originally thought that Francis meant that, where a letter enclosed 2 spaces you counted only one of them rather than, as he actually meant, where a letter appears twice in a word, you count the spaces in only one of them. Is that where you went wrong?
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:03 pm
Hi Tufdevil, Yes, I had the okay from Chris. Good Luck with your entry.
I'm forgetting about Francis, but yes, I counted wrongly. Do you enter the Sunday Times (on line) Where Was I? competition. Really good fun.
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:06 pm
Not come across that one, but I'll give it a try, thanks.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 02:13 pm
What are you lot trying to do to the thread, knacker it up?
0 Replies