Joanlee - Miss Her Already

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:58 pm
So goes a woman of immeasurable sweetness.

My favorite Liberal in all of the world.

Passionate, yet wise. What a wonderful woman!

May she be gathered within the Heart of God - I know she will.

Dear Friends Family and fellow political activists of Joan AE. Lee:

It was at the request of Joan (Mom) that I send a note to everyone in her email address list letting you know that Joan passed peacefully on April 10th, 2007 at 7:50 pm.

We apologize for the impersonal email notification but Mom's list of friends and family are from around the world and the list is enormous. We could not locate phone numbers, addresses etc. for the hundreds of people in her computer address book. I pretty much included everyone in her address book but if by chance I have overlooked a name or two, I apologize. You may also receive this at multiple addresses. Please feel free to forward this message on to anyone you feel would want to know. If you were in Joan's address book you obviously meant something to her.

The direct family email addresses are shown in the 'TO' & 'CC' box if you would like to contact any of the family directly / privately for any reason.

As most if not all of you are aware Joan and her late husband Harry were truly one of a kind people for which the mold was not only broken but can never be replaced or replicated. I have never met anyone who ever had anything negative to say about Joan or Harry. Joan (and Harry) will be missed sorely by everyone. The world will indeed be a different place without them. We thank you for being their friend.

PLEASE!! At the direct request of Joan (and we all know we should listen and abide by Joan's wishes or else) DO NOT send flowers, gifts, food etc. Mom would prefer you spend that time and effort on your own loved ones doing something fun. If you still feel obligated to do something, please send a contribution to the political party of JOANIE'S choice. If that is asking too much, send a donation directly to the American Cancer Society or any charity of your personal choice in the name of Joan AE. Lee.

Lastly, at Joan's request no official public service or funeral will be held. Please say a prayer or thought to the higher power of your choice at Ten to the hour of 4:00 pm (aga 3:50 pm) on Sunday April 15, 2007 in memory of Joan AE Lee when a private family service will take place.

May Mom & Dad rest peacefully together for eternity where the royals are plentiful, the fishing is always good, world peace is actually possible and cold beer comes from every drinking fountain.

Sincerely,

The Lee Family
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,374 • Replies: 14
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:47 am
I think I may have known her and agreed with her on abuzz, but I just don't know for sure.
I'll acknowledge here her sweetness and power, though; glad to.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:30 am
OH Man,
this is a shock.
I knew her thru abuzz and here,and I actually liked her.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family,and may she rest in peace.
Those of us on here that knew her will always have fond memories of her.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:39 am
Don't think I knew her, but sorry for your loss...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:39 am
We've had a couple of tributes to Joan Lee on other threads.

She was a great friend to many - her vibrancy and kindness will be missed.

~~~~~

Thank you for noting it, Finn.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:43 am
I remember Joan from Abuzz, and later, I think she was on MaginKat's site.

She was a very nice lady and I say "lady" because that's what she was.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:05 am
That's just such a drag. I bumped into Joan in probably my first two weeks on abuzz and we hit it off like gangbusters immediately. I really liked this smart, clear-eyed and caring woman. Whoever designed this universe deserves a kick in the balls.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 02:58 pm
joanlee and her PUPS threads on Abuzz. What a sweet recollection. Perhaps she's sitting somewhere with Kurt Vonnegut and maybe timberlandko and my father-in-law having a good read and a laugh.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:32 pm
damn pdiddie - where ya been?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:21 am
Hey man. Mostly not here any more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:46 am
Loved Joan Lee. She was all the good things I have read about her on these threads. Her enthusiasm was hard to match.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:09 am
I knew her only through her contributions on Abuzz, here and Buzzards.

God bless her, she was wonderful.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:22 pm
This is from her son. I hope he would not have a problem with me sharing it, but I find it very touching:

Thank you for your kind words about my Mom. She embraced everyone regardless of race, religion or politics. An equal number of her closest life-long friends were in total disagreement with her politics but it could not stop the magnetic personality she had. In person...you would have been spellbound by her as well and she may even have changed a view or two of yours (I'm kidding)

Seriously, she was the absolute best at everything she touched. Mom is my role model and I will feel lucky if I can be half of the kind and generous human being that she was.

Thank you again for your email...and thank you for keeping my Mom busy on the internet arguing with you. It kept her young and occupied her enormous mind as she got older and more house bound.

Sincerely,

"Her Son"

At so sad a time isn't it marvelous to recognize that one single life can touch so many others? Whether it be upon thousands, hundreds or a handful, the positive impact of a single graceful life is a wonderful thing, and (I would argue) proof of God's plan for Life.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 02:05 pm
Joan was my friend, from the very first day I posted on Abuzz nearly seven years ago and through the years she was the sweetest person I ever encountered on the web.

I will miss her dearly, but am thankful that I have her in my memories.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 05:16 pm
Agreed, Kuvie...I met Joan on Abuzz when the recount of the 2000 election was taking place. She was kind and considerate to all...whether she agreed with you or not. She and Mamajuana were the best of the best. I didn't meet her son, but I have a CD of his. He plays bluegrass in a band and is very good. She touched all who knew her....she came and stayed with my husband and I in Maryland and we marched against the war. One time she couldn't keep up with us and we thought we had lost her. We finally found her surrounded by people in a Metro station near the Navy Yard in DC...frightened but with people determined to help her find us! I loved her and will not forget her.
0 Replies