Should Imus be fired?

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:13 pm
I say no, but it looks like he may be. Even sister company WSNBC won't run his show. I have only seen his show a few times. I don't like him.
He shouldn't have said those things.
However, the lyrics on some Rap, says worse about black women than he did. Rap also insults "whitie".
Truth be told, Blacks are as racist as whites if not more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 771 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:54 pm
There are several threads going on this matter - here's one several pages long already:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94524&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:56 pm
ossobuco wrote:
There are several threads going on this matter - here's one several pages long already:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94524&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Well you responded to this one.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:39 am
Osso--

Thanks for the link.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:11 am
The comment was offensive, and some punishment is appropriate despite his apology. However, terminating his career permanently would be disproportionate. If a black person made some brief, public disparaging comment about a group of white people, and then apologized several times, and if I suggested that his career be ended over it, I would certainly get called a racist by some people.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
Firing someone is not the same as terminating their career.

Unless he's a talentless hack in the first place....
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 08:14 am
Any one that makes fun of someone else should be fired .... as long as it is not in any way funny or if it is said in a forest out loud while alone.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 08:36 am
Quote:

Good answer.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:10 am
I think he should just be given a 30 year cooling off period. Then he can have his job back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 01:27 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Good answer.

So, did you think I was obnoxious in giving a link to the most long-houred thread among many others? I smell a lot of resentment.
I had considered for a while whether to link it or not.

At the time, a while ago now, I thought that our poster might feel badly that few were answering his question as time went by - and I thought I knew it was because people had already answered one or two or three or four more threads. I meant to give him a clue, give directions.

Too bad for me, as it happened, as he resented it, and then, topping things off, so did you.

I did not mean to be obnoxious at the time, perhaps do now. It is fairly usual here that we clue each other in, as it is hard always to remember to check if there are myriad other threads, given a potentially popular subject, when one wants to post one. Sure, sometimes multiple threads are good, elucidating, but sometimes people want to get in on the main discussion as well.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:46 am
I think you're very smart, osso, and I always appreciate your thoughtful and considered posts.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:04 am
ossobuco wrote:
So, did you think I was obnoxious in giving a link to the most long-houred thread among many others? I smell a lot of resentment.

No, I did not think you were obnoxious in giving a link to another thread. I am sorry I gave that impression. Snookered's response just made me laugh, that's all. Don't know why. Perhaps bevause the response had a sort of "so what" attitude to it that tickled my somewhat peculiar sense of humor. No resentment from me.

I am usually grateful when people tune me in to other threads on the same issues when I start a new topic.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:08 am
Hey ...... it gave me two more steps toward 'gurudom' thank you very much!
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:42 am
ossobuco wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Good answer.

At the time, a while ago now, I thought that our poster might feel badly that few were answering his question as time went by - and I thought I knew it was because people had already answered one or two or three or four more threads. I meant to give him a clue, give directions.

Too bad for me, as it happened, as he resented it, and then, topping things off, so did you.

I did not mean to be obnoxious at the time, perhaps do now. It is fairly usual here that we clue each other in, as it is hard always to remember to check if there are myriad other threads, given a potentially popular subject, when one wants to post one. Sure, sometimes multiple threads are good, elucidating, but sometimes people want to get in on the main discussion as well.

What other reason would there have been. Given your dislike for me. Yout not as innocent as you would have people believe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:53 am
snookered wrote:
Yout not as innocent as you would have people believe.

A sentence such as this speaks volumes about what we are dealing with here.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:28 pm
Setanta wrote:
snookered wrote:
Yout not as innocent as you would have people believe.

A sentence such as this speaks volumes about what we are dealing with here.

So you agree.
0 Replies