Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 05:52 pm
Cryptic
Me, attending to my house duties.
Drunk
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:12 pm
Hi Willywagtail

Being a stubborn male I've stuck with "assistance".

As far as puzzles go, have the following untouched books on my desk:
Lovatts Cluewords, Findaword, Starhunts and Variety Puzzles. Also have The Puzzle Wizzard World of Crosswords to complete as well as Woman's Day Super Puzzler.

Perhaps I should come and join you for a drink Drunk Laughing

Have a nice day.
Dutchy
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:49 pm
holiday cryptic
Hi Dutchy
I have all my puzzles completed, just have to finish transferring copy to original in the Holiday.I haven't done the variety puzzles for a long while, used to be Memory Lane and only 2 competition puzzles. Lovatts mucked up my subscription and didn't include this book so I gave up on it. Has it changed at all? Also what is the Puzzle Wizard World of Crosswords, I am of course familiar with woman's day as that's where my love of crosswords started.
REgards
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:17 pm
Hi Tuesday

Lovatts Code Cracker Starhunts magazine has 3 compettion puzzles and costs $7.50 per issue. FindaWord magazine has 4 competition puzzles and costs $3.95 per issue.

The Puzzle Wizard World of Crosswords has 1 competition puzzle in each issue and costs $5.70 . Look up http://www.puzzlewizard.com.au/ for further information.

Regards Dutchy
0 Replies

catgirl

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 05:24 pm
I too have settled on assistance. I thought one way of looking at the clue is 'outspoken' ,to actually say aloud, the word for deputies ,being assistants (sounds like) assistance. Does this make sense? I'm pretty certain archetype is correct so I'm going for it! Good luck everybody.
0 Replies