How can this NOT be Price Fixing

snookered

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 03:54 pm
Chai wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

http://www.farmerjack.com/images/circulars/0412_du2lc0r3d311/FMJ_041207_S_05_FJHBR.jpg

excuse me snookered, look directly above my writing....

Above, is a circular from a S-U-P-E-R-M-A-R-K-E-T that has no C-O-U-P-O-N-S associated with it.

However, it is showing packs of C-O-K-E and P-E-P-S-I,
O-N S-A-L-E at the S-A-M-E T-I-M-E.

The above is called S-P-E-L-L-I-NG it out for you.

No need to respond Rolling Eyes

Maybe snookered should take his meds before posting again on this thread.

You moron. That is what I was saying, jeeze. Someone else was saying they always had coupons and I said no, advertisements maybe.

This is Chai or Bell Dea's Quote:
THERE ARE coupons for Coke and Pepsi...Yes, there ARE. I have used them. Not from drug stores....coupons from the sunday paper.
Do I have to spell it out for you? Now get off my topic.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 04:37 pm
snookered wrote:
Parados wrote;
Quote:
Actually, it is a regulated market that prevents monopolies. A completely free market tends to move toward monopolies. Why do you think the SEC has to approve mergers of large corporations? It is to prevent It seems you like to throw around phrases when you have no idea what they mean. You claimed "price fixing" when you started this thread with 2 companies being complicit. Now you state price fixing is an attempt by one company. Then you claim coke and pepsi realize they can't monopolize each other. In the marketplace you don't monopolize a competitor, you monopolize the market.

SEC is the Security Exchange Commission. They are more concerned with Utilities, Stock Market and yes VERY BIG COMPANIES who want to merge when it is obvious it would be to the detriment of the consumer.
I didn't say it had to be two companies, I said in this case it was Coke and Pepsi. One company can ATTEMPT to monopolize another company, which in this case coke and Pepsi realized neither one of them could.
Try to keep up. When you read something , don't take it out of context.

I didn't take it out of context. A company can't monopolize another company when they are competing in the marketplace

Monopolize - -verb (used with object), -lized, -liz·ing.
1. to acquire, have, or exercise a monopoly of.
2. to obtain exclusive possession of; keep entirely to oneself: Children monopolize one's time.

mo·nop·o·ly -noun, plural -lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.
6. the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.

Coke is not attempting to gain exclusive control of Pepsi. Nor is Pepsi trying to gain control of Coke. They are trying to get market share. If they are colluding to fix prices then they are acting as a monopoly. See def. 1.

Before you get snotty and tell others to "keep up" you should check your dictionary.

Coke and Pepsi are VERY BIG COMPANIES. The SEC would examine any attempt by one them to gain control over the other.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 04:37 pm
Chai wrote:
snookered wrote:

Not coupons for Coke or Pepsi, maybe for sodas, which is not a Cola.
Marketing is sophisticated for Coke and Pepsi, that's why they take turns having sales.
If they responded to the market (which they make) as you say, they would have the same sale on the same week. Drunk

snookered dear, what are you not understanding?

THERE ARE coupons for Coke and Pepsi...Yes, there ARE. I have used them. Not from drug stores....coupons from the sunday paper.

Coke and Pepsi DO go on sale at the same time....Yes, they DO.

Again, just because you don't see this happening, does that mean it doesn't?

So far, you are the only person who thinks there's some kind of price fixing, I think you just have that in your head, and nothing will show you otherwise.

It's because I know what I am talking about.
Now no more of this BS. It's like trying to teach a bunch of 2nd graders.I will not respond to anymore of your ignorance.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 04:39 pm
holy jebus....

you don't even KNOW what point you're trying to make anymore.

You say coke and Pepsi don't go on sale the same time, Bella's ad img. shows that they do.

There are manufacturers coupons for coke and pepsi,

http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/94/e3/d702_1.JPG

http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/94/a5/6fe6_1.JPG

http://i17.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/90/58/2777_1.JPG

I can't wait to hear how you twist this up now.

Your original problem was that coke and pepsi alternate sales day...

they do not always do that

I offered the fact they also produce manufacturers coupons as incentives to buy....as you can see above.

Ok, let's hear it, explain to us how none of this is true.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/94/3a/e081_1.JPG
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 04:59 pm
parados wrote:
snookered wrote:
Parados wrote;
Quote:
Actually, it is a regulated market that prevents monopolies. A completely free market tends to move toward monopolies. Why do you think the SEC has to approve mergers of large corporations? It is to prevent It seems you like to throw around phrases when you have no idea what they mean. You claimed "price fixing" when you started this thread with 2 companies being complicit. Now you state price fixing is an attempt by one company. Then you claim coke and pepsi realize they can't monopolize each other. In the marketplace you don't monopolize a competitor, you monopolize the market.

SEC is the Security Exchange Commission. They are more concerned with Utilities, Stock Market and yes VERY BIG COMPANIES who want to merge when it is obvious it would be to the detriment of the consumer.
I didn't say it had to be two companies, I said in this case it was Coke and Pepsi. One company can ATTEMPT to monopolize another company, which in this case coke and Pepsi realized neither one of them could.
Try to keep up. When you read something , don't take it out of context.

I didn't take it out of context. A company can't monopolize another company when they are competing in the marketplace

Monopolize - -verb (used with object), -lized, -liz·ing.
1. to acquire, have, or exercise a monopoly of.
2. to obtain exclusive possession of; keep entirely to oneself: Children monopolize one's time.

mo·nop·o·ly -noun, plural -lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.
6. the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.

Coke is not attempting to gain exclusive control of Pepsi. Nor is Pepsi trying to gain control of Coke. They are trying to get market share. If they are colluding to fix prices then they are acting as a monopoly. See def. 1.

Before you get snotty and tell others to "keep up" you should check your dictionary.

Coke and Pepsi are VERY BIG COMPANIES. The SEC would examine any attempt by one them to gain control over the other.

FOR THE LAST TIME. BEFORE A COMPANY CAN BE A MONOPOLY, IT HAS TO ATTEMPT TO MONOBILIZE A COMPETITOR. I HAVE SAID, THAT COKE AND PEPSI FOUND OUT THAT THEY COULDN'T MONOPOLIZE ONE OR THE OTHER.
BEFORE AN ACTION IS IS COMPLETED, IT HAS TO BE ATTEMPTED.
AGAIN YOU MORON MISSED THE POINT. I SAID THAT THEY CAN'T BE MONOPOLIZED, SO IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, THEY FOUND A WAY TO COINSIDE.
WHY DO YOU THINK STORE BRAND 2 LTR COLAS HAVE VIRTUALLY STAYED THE SAME AT .69 FOR A 2 LTR. BOTTLE WHEN COKE AND PEPSI SYSTAMICALLY GOT THEIR PEICES UP TO $1.49 HERE?
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:01 pm
Chai wrote:
holy jebus....

You say coke and Pepsi don't go on sale the same time, Bella's ad img. shows that they do.

I offered the fact they also produce manufacturers coupons as incentives to buy....as you can see above.

The one you illustrated was all for pespsi. now go to your room.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:05 pm
O-K so first you say the following in regard to the printed advertisement (there is no mention of coupons, prices being the same, etc.

"No I was able to bring it up. I believe it was a pharmacy or a small chain of some sort."

I show a link with a statement that says "Farmer Jack is a 67-store supermarket chain in southeastern Michigan. " Thus proving this is a not a pharmacy but yet a supermarket chain.

But in response to that you say…
"I meant the add itself. The add (not coupon) was for canned coke. I buy 2 ltr and have observed this action for years.
No need for you to respond."

As my comment with the link was the last quote, a reasonable person would have to assert that you are answering the supermarket vs. pharmacy question. Your response makes no sense at all (and by the way the correct usage of "add" should be spelled "ad". If you are as extremely knowledgeable in marketing you would not make this mistake.

In response to "WHY DO YOU THINK STORE BRAND 2 LTR COLAS HAVE VIRTUALLY STAYED THE SAME AT .69 FOR A 2 LTR. BOTTLE WHEN COKE AND PEPSI SYSTAMICALLY GOT THEIR PEICES UP TO $1.49 HERE?"

People prefer the taste of Pepsi or Coke so they are willing to pay more. People are enticed through advertising that Pepsi/Coke is better so they are willing to pay more for it. People pay more for designer clothes even though often times you can get as good quality with non-designer names - similar with other products.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:06 pm
snookered wrote:
Chai wrote:
holy jebus....

The one you illustrated was all for pespsi. now go to your room.

Open your eyes dear, look at the last image....I do believe that is a Coke bottle. There's plenty more to be found on the internet, but my point was made.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:09 pm
Linkat wrote:
O-K so first you say the following in regard to the printed advertisement (there is no mention of coupons, prices being the same, etc.

"No I was able to bring it up. I believe it was a pharmacy or a small chain of some sort."

I show a link with a statement that says "Farmer Jack is a 67-store supermarket chain in southeastern Michigan. " Thus proving this is a not a pharmacy but yet a supermarket chain.

But in response to that you say…
"I meant the add itself. The add (not coupon) was for canned coke. I buy 2 ltr and have observed this action for years.
No need for you to respond."

As my comment with the link was the last quote, a reasonable person would have to assert that you are answering the supermarket vs. pharmacy question. Your response makes no sense at all (and by the way the correct usage of "add" should be spelled "ad". If you are as extremely knowledgeable in marketing you would not make this mistake.

In response to "WHY DO YOU THINK STORE BRAND 2 LTR COLAS HAVE VIRTUALLY STAYED THE SAME AT .69 FOR A 2 LTR. BOTTLE WHEN COKE AND PEPSI SYSTAMICALLY GOT THEIR PEICES UP TO $1.49 HERE?"

People prefer the taste of Pepsi or Coke so they are willing to pay more. People are enticed through advertising that Pepsi/Coke is better so they are willing to pay more for it. People pay more for designer clothes even though often times you can get as good quality with non-designer names - similar with other products.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:13 pm
Chai wrote:

Open your eyes dear, look at the last image....I do believe that is a Coke bottle. There's plenty more to be found on the internet, but my point was made.

You're a moron - that wasn't what I said - I said that Coke and Pepsi are not on the same coupon on the date and price and time and at the same store, city and state.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:15 pm
Um.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:15 pm
Linkat wrote:
Chai wrote:

You're a moron - that wasn't what I said - I said that Coke and Pepsi are not on the same coupon on the date and price and time and at the same store, city and state.

Linkat - why are you calling me a moron?

I'm so confused. I might start crying....no, I'll go eat a salad instead.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:18 pm
Chai wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Chai wrote:

Linkat - why are you calling me a moron?

I'm so confused. I might start crying....no, I'll go eat a salad instead.

Dear Chai - I do hope you realize that I am making an ill attempt at being humorous.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:18 pm
Joeblow wrote:
Um.

Joeblow, come have a salad with me, I've got fresh avacados.

Don't tell Linkat though.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:19 pm
snookered wrote:

FOR THE LAST TIME. BEFORE A COMPANY CAN BE A MONOPOLY, IT HAS TO ATTEMPT TO MONOBILIZE A COMPETITOR. I HAVE SAID, THAT COKE AND PEPSI FOUND OUT THAT THEY COULDN'T MONOPOLIZE ONE OR THE OTHER.
AGAIN YOU MORON MISSED THE POINT. I SAID THAT THEY CAN'T BE MONOPOLIZED, SO IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, THEY FOUND A WAY TO COINSIDE.
WHY DO YOU THINK STORE BRAND 2 LTR COLAS HAVE VIRTUALLY STAYED THE SAME AT .69 FOR A 2 LTR. BOTTLE WHEN COKE AND PEPSI SYSTAMICALLY GOT THEIR PEICES UP TO $1.49 HERE?

Learn the meanings of words before you act like an ass. (Not like I expect you to stop acting like one at this point.)

Pepsi can't monopolize Coke because the meaning of monopolize doesn't allow it as you are trying to use it. Take the definition to a 2nd grade teacher and the way you used the word. See what they tell you about its proper usage and how you misused it.

You might want to learn how to spell before you call other people morons.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:25 pm
Ok, be right over, but let's send some to snookered.

I think he needs the ruffage.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:32 pm
Chai wrote:
Joeblow wrote:
Um.

Joeblow, come have a salad with me, I've got fresh avacados.

Don't tell Linkat though.

I heard!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:35 pm
oh, jokes, I get jokes.

sorry linkat, I thought somehow snookered and your accounts crossed.

Then I thought

LINKAT is really Snookered! Shocked
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 06:33 pm
snookered wrote:

I would suggest that before you continue on making a fool of yourself you look up the following terms:

1. Duopoly
2. Collusion
3. Cournot competition
4. Stackleberg competition

Once you figure out what those mean you might want to do a Google search using some of those terms along with the keywords "Economic Theory" and read up on the effects of collusion in a duopoly.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 06:47 am
snookered hasbeen shown that Coke and Pepsi run sales at the same time in the same SUPERMARKET but still refuses to say he is wrong.

He also did not tell me how wrong I was in my assessment of marketing despite his outragrous claim that once I answered him he would do so.

snookered, it's nice that your arguments clearly revolve around only the things you want to notice and address, rather than bucking up and addressing ALL the issues and even admitting when you might be wrong.
0 Replies