IS THE EARTH DYING OF TERMINAL RELIGION?

Advocate

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
You make some good points, but I think that you are a bit literal. For instance, regarding the propensity of the religious fanatic to kill children, there is evidence of this. They seem to love to bomb pizza parlors, buses, subway cars, etc., and attack schools, all places where there are many children. I heard one leader say that his group wants to kill children, who would otherwise grow up to be enemy adults.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 10:36 pm
Advocate wrote:
I'm curious whether this thread is officially monitored. One of my posts was, at least initially, changed somewhat, and another was deleted. Does anyone know anything about this?

I am not surprised. The mods on this board are neither neutral nor objective.

Some members get away with ignoring the TOS on a routine basis, and everybody who has been here any length of time knows that is true. Others are dealt with over much less serious matters.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 04:27 am
Yeah... It's always best to discriminate and persecute the christians. Makes them feel so righteous and good about themselves.. :wink:
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:10 am
If God is an entity of pure love, all wise and understanding, it would not care what we believed or how we precieved it. It would understand that we are not clones and we must be able to have a diverse set of opinions in order to survive.

However this tolerance would not be acceptable to a God made by man. To reject the man made God is to reject the creators of that God. The God is the glue that holds the group together so attacking the God now becomes an attack on the group.

In todays fast changing world conservatives, who love stability, are being threaten. Conservative Christians see science challenging their God. With so much information now being spread so quickly throughout the world groups now are doing all they can to defend themselves against, what they see, as an assult, that is assult against their God and thus themselves.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:39 am
x, what you say is true. Moreover, the challenges to religion will accelerate, and will lead to a further weakening of organized religion. In my view, this is a very good thing, considering the hatred and violence spawned by religion.

For example, at least in the USA, Catholicism has changed to make it more palatable to the masses. Thus, the service is no longer just in Latin, understood by almost no one, but is conducted in layman's English. This seems to make good sense, but is an affront to many religious conservatives. BTW, I am not Catholic, so this is just an observation from someone who is not well informed on this religion.
0 Replies