Geometry & God

Francis

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:08 am
This is just unfathomable (how long is a fathom?)...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:32 am
But How Long is the name of my Chinese neighbor.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:37 am
See? Your neighbor too is unfathomable...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:48 pm
Raquel Welch starred in Fathom. I'm sure that's related to the Earth/Moon God Proof thing somehow.
http://www.geocities.com/swcomer/cloak_and_dagger/fathom1.jpg
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:49 am
Well, Ros, these are the only things that make me think, maybe, God exists... Cool

(I don't want to look obtuse, but, if I was right, that would be an acute thought or was it just parallel thinking?)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 03:02 pm
for some unfathomable reason I typed Wanda in google on seein recent post this is what it returned

Quote:
The Legend of Wanda
She chose to drown herself rather that marry a German
silly girl
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:23 pm
for the record, a day is NOT 24 hours. it's slightly longer, that is why we have a leapyear. that means, the fist statement you made, is not true. your "proof" is false. you can manipulate numbers to do nearly anything you want, especially when you round them off. that doesn't prove anything.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:19 am
Even if there was 24 hours in a day it doesn't prove anything. It just means there are 24 hour in a day.
Design arguments don't prove the existence of god, look up David Hume.
0 Replies

eye of reason

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 02:42 pm
@Scott777ab,
We humans made up feet as a measurement, and meters for that matter.

We humans decided to divide a circle by 360, sometimes we use 100 or other divisions.

We humans (Romans) decided how many feet we wanted to be in a mile, and at the time, they weren't even feet.

We decided that we would have 24 hours of 60 minutes each per day, rather than lets say.... 100 hours of 14 minutes, or for that matter 10 decas of 100 centis of 1000 mills..... you get the picture.

The arbitrary and subjective divisions that we have assigned to things shows nothing about the object we call the universe, let alone God.

The only real proof anyone has for the existence of God is in their own souls. It is written, that they overcame with the word of their testimony.

The testimony is where the rubber meets the road.

Just as faith without works is dead, proof through experience is living truth.

The connection between science and faith is the same as every other hypothesis, the scientific method.

If you have tried something, and gotten a particular result, and then I try it and get the same result, and everyone who tries it gets the same result, then we are onto something more scientific.

Try observing and testing. Faith is a hypothesis that is dead without the work of experimentation.
Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 03:49 pm
@eye of reason,
It was quite a feat but it doesnt metre
0 Replies