Can't Access Old Threads

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 05:55 am
I sometimes like to go back and revisit my threads and posts from a few years ago. I have found that in the past month or so (since the new RAM), when I click on "your posts" and then click on one of the numbers from the older posts that run across the top of the blue band, I get the following message:

No topics or posts met your search criteria

This happens more than half the time. Can something be done about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 06:44 am
I think that that's the presentation but the information appears to still be there.

Mine shows that I have some 127 pages of topics but it really only goes to something like 120. It goes as far as this link: http://www.able2know.com/forums/search.php?&search_id=egosearch&start=5950 but clicking Next gives me nothing. However, I do recognize the topic at the bottom of that last page as being the first topic I ever posted (it's from 2002).
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 07:00 am
roberta, i get that message sometimes, but usually on the new posts page if i've been away

as for my old posts and topics all are there, but like jespah, my topics goes to 43 pages but the first post ever is on page 42 with 43 being blank
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
Happened and happens since the early times, as far as I remember.

But I can go back to the very beginnin - that is Fri 18 Oct, 2002 20:19 Post: 999 in my case - via "my own posts" easily.

(Never noticed that number 999 before. So I actually posted already when there were less than onethousand posts altogether :wink: )
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 08:24 am
I know the posts are still there. I sometimes can open them. What I want to know is how to get around the message telling me they're not there. Is there a way?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:24 am
I cannot get past page 1 of my posts. Is there anything that I can do about this?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:01 am
Try these: Page 2, Page 3, Page 4 and Page 5
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:03 am
That worked, Jes. Thanks mucho.

I went to page two. Tried to get to page three from page two. Couldn't do it. I had to come back here.

I don't understand why this is, but I'm glad to have my five pages.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:46 am
You can just change the last number(s) at the end. Page two has a 50, page three has a 100, page four has a 150 etc.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 01:50 pm
I tried that, Jes. I get the same error message:

No topics or posts met your search criteria
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:16 pm
I have had a similar problem with My Posts - it gives me some 6000 + posts, when I have, er, six times that, g'help me.

Someone told me to bypass this by just clicking on my own name, ossobuco, at the left side of a post, and sure enough that has always worked easily. For me. So far.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:30 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I have had a similar problem with My Posts - it gives me some 6000 + posts, when I have, er, six times that, g'help me.

Someone told me to bypass this by just clicking on my own name, ossobuco, at the left side of a post, and sure enough that has always worked easily. For me. So far.

I've tried that, Osso. That's fine when something I want is nearby. I've had less success with things that are farther away.
0 Replies