[answered] Advertising on this forum

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 03:51 am
I am looking for rules that specify whether personal advertising is allowed even if by 'name-dropping', price quoting, or "closing a sale"...etc.

In other words, can someone send a reader to another web site to purchase products or list a particular product to buy that one actually sells.

The reason I ask is most other forums strictly prohibit any personal banner waving and bargaining. I am assuming that is not allowed but wanted a reference to that point.

I was just looking for a specific rule here to refer to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 976 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Andy CWS

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 03:59 am
Further research brought his up, Sorry..

The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what constitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know.
0 Replies