Take this quiz to test the strength of your beliefs.

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 06:07 am
patiodog wrote:
Then I'd have a net trap underneath them. They think they've foiled the plan and - voila! - caught like a fishie!

They'd use long sticks to test for net traps....or ulrtrasound machines.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:11 am
What foresight these critters have! But surely this makes their pelts more valuable...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:15 am
Meanwhile, PDog's contracted with cjhsa and provided a scope-sighted rifle....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:37 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Meanwhile, PDog's contracted with cjhsa and provided a scope-sighted rifle....

Illegal in hunting non believers, and gathering a prison sentence.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 03:45 pm
Take you a glass of water
Make it against the law
See how good the water tastes
When you can't have any at all
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 04:03 pm
patiodog wrote:
Take you a glass of water
Make it against the law
See how good the water tastes
When you can't have any at all

Then we shall continue to evolve to be smarter and smarter than believers, since we shall have to be both clever and nimble to survive.

It's all good.

We shall inherit the earth.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 04:15 pm
You are secretly meek!

Gasp!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
Ok, I gave in and took the test. No hits, two bullets (16 + 17). Bunch of hoohah. Second highest distinction, hardy ha.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:33 pm
The Greek shall inhibit their girth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:35 pm
The sleek shall exhibit their worth.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:44 pm
The bleak shall inhibit your mirth.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 05:53 pm
The geek shall revisit his birth.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 03:20 am
They reek who imbibeth their girth.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 06:58 am
Bitten 2 bullets and 2 direct hits and 1 near miss.

I got the TPM award, whatever that is which says that while some inconsistancies, my beliefs are well thought out. Duh. I knew that. :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 08:18 am
The quiz master concluding that your beliefs are well thought out is not the same as saying that they actually are.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 12:55 pm
As Frank would have said, the agnostic position is the only logically consistent one:
Quote:
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 05:48 am
I bit one bullet. This is what it said.

Quote:
You say that if there are no compelling arguments or evidence that show that God does not exist, then atheism is a matter of faith, not rationality. Therefore, it seems that you do not think that the mere absence of evidence for the existence of God is enough to justify believing that she does not exist. This view is also suggested by your earlier claim that it is not rational to believe that the Loch Ness monster does not exist even if, despite years of trying, no evidence has been presented to suggest that it does exist.

There is no logical inconsistency in your answers. But by denying that the absence of evidence, even where it has been sought, is enough to justify belief in the non-existence of things, you are required to countenance possibilities that most people would find bizarre. For example, do you really want to claim that it is not rationally justified to believe that intelligent aliens do not live on Mars?

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Why am I biting a bullet for this? A. Because those who wrote the test think there is only one right answer to the 'god' question.

Morons.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 06:05 am
I took a direct hit over the ? about the guy who feels it's the voice of god telling him to rape and murder prostitoads. I said it was legitimate for him to do so, right or wrong, because he was compelled to do so (mental illness or not). The quiz people didn't think so.

Pretty interesting site. Although, a bit narrow and generalized.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 09:14 pm
I told my chaplainly friend about this site. He got one hit and he said that it does not work because

The Loch Ness Monster is a being
and God is being

He claims that God is not an object, he is within everything. So if you have a theoretical group of two pencils and a dog, and you add God to that group, you don't have four objects, you still only have two pencils and a dog.

He also says that there is no way you can put God and the Loch Ness Monster in the same catagory, which I think is entirely feasible.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 09:20 pm
flushd wrote:
I bit one bullet. This is what it said.

Quote:
You say that if there are no compelling arguments or evidence that show that God does not exist, then atheism is a matter of faith, not rationality. Therefore, it seems that you do not think that the mere absence of evidence for the existence of God is enough to justify believing that she does not exist. This view is also suggested by your earlier claim that it is not rational to believe that the Loch Ness monster does not exist even if, despite years of trying, no evidence has been presented to suggest that it does exist.

There is no logical inconsistency in your answers. But by denying that the absence of evidence, even where it has been sought, is enough to justify belief in the non-existence of things, you are required to countenance possibilities that most people would find bizarre. For example, do you really want to claim that it is not rationally justified to believe that intelligent aliens do not live on Mars?

There is only one answer to the first question - I don't know.
Yeah, that about sums it up.

Why am I biting a bullet for this? A. Because those who wrote the test think there is only one right answer to the 'god' question.

Morons.
0 Replies