Riots in Utrecht, the Netherlands

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 12:06 pm
Nimh

Thanks for what is, for the most part, an excellent presentation.

Any of your sources considered Far Left (by others, if not you)?

The elite liberal multi-culturalists who have been paving the way for Eurabia may be finding that the blue-collar neaderthals in their midst will put up a few barriers.

In any case, more and more bloodshed can be expected.

It really is a shame.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 12:21 pm
I'd thought that I had posted that already Embarrassed

Quote:
Ondiep rioter jailed for 10 weeks

Thursday 22 March 2007

A magistrate in Utrecht has sentenced a 40-year-old man to 10 weeks in jail for his role in the riots in the Ondiep neighbourhood last week. The magistrate said there was proof the man had thrown a stone at police during the disturbances.

Three others, described as 'sensation seekers' by the magistrate, were given community service and one man was fined €250. The magistrate said he had taken a tough approach to sentencing because people who throw a single stone during a riot are contributing to that riot, ANP reported.

Eight other people still have to appear in court in connection with the disturbances. One of them is charged with driving a car at a group of police officers.

The Ondiep riots broke out after a local man was shot dead by police. The circumstances surrounding the shooting are still being investigated.

source: DutchNews

(Any idea if those investigations are finished, nimh?)

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
In any case, more and more bloodshed can be expected.

It really is a shame.

You get this opinion exactly why?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:40 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
nimh

Thank you.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Nope. Expatica news is a service by/for expats. Dutchnews.nl is, well, what it says - just your regular MOR Dutch news site. DPA is the German Press Agency. The Irish Examiner I dont know much about, but it looks and feels like a regular standard newspaper website. Pretty much all their accounts were similar, too. The only account that differed drastically, both in tenor and in assertions that I could not verify anywhere else, was the Brussels Journal - which represents more or less your take on things.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 06:10 pm
<b>Jack Kerouac</b> wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
<b>Jack Kerouac</b>

Thank you.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Nope. Expatica news is a service by/for expats. Dutchnews.nl is, well, what it says - just your regular MOR Dutch news site. DPA is the German Press Agency. The Irish Examiner I dont know much about, but it looks and feels like a regular standard newspaper website. Pretty much all their accounts were similar, too. The only account that differed drastically, both in tenor and in assertions that I could not verify anywhere else, was the Brussels Journal - which represents more or less your take on things.

If the Brussels Journal is misreporting information, that is hardly something I would condone, but if their take is that Europe is heading for a bloody shift to the right than it is "more or less" mine.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:44 pm
Well, Brussel Journal started the rumour that the policeman who shot that man was of Maroccan origin, and the British National Party reported that those youth had abusesed a pregnant white Dutch girl (plus the Maroccan ethic policeman) l ...

All proved to be nonsense
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:03 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, Brussel Journal started the rumour that the policeman who shot that man was of Maroccan origin, and the British National Party reported that those youth had abusesed a pregnant white Dutch girl (plus the Maroccan ethic policeman) l ...

All proved to be nonsense

Well, I don't condone it.

If Brussel Journal manufactures certain aspects of the story to support their position, it doesn't invalidate the position - certainly not for anyone outside of Brussel Journal who holds it.

That the shooting cop was of Moraccan origin or that the muslim youths were harrassing a pregnant Dutch girl, is not at all necessary to see this incident as a harbringer of even greater social strife. In fact, to the extent that a significant segment of the Dutch population believe such allegations the likelihood of such strife is even greater.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 10:38 am
For an entertaining if somewhat eerie look at the twisted world of the Brussels Journal-type crowd, one could do worse than submerge himself in the wingnuttiness of this article:

European Union Must Be Destroyed To Prevent 'Eurabia'

Just a taste:

Quote:
Many have already written off Western Europe as lost to Islam. I would be lying if I said that I didn't entertain the same thoughts sometimes, but I do see encouraging signs of a real shift of public opinion beneath the surface. Judging from information such as the extremely high number of Germans hostile to Islam, Europe can be saved. But this hope hinges on the complete destruction of the European Union. The EU must die or or Europe will die. It's that simple.

Bat Ye'or in her book Eurabia: The Euro-Arab Axis is right in pointing out that ordinary Europeans have never voted for this merger with the Islamic world through massive Muslim immigration and Multiculturalism. This is closely tied to the rise of the European Union, which has transferred power away from the people and the democratic process to behind-the-scenes deals made by corrupt, Eurabian officials and bureaucrats.

The online journal this was published in, Global Politician, by the way appears to be mostly eclectic, with unlikely contributions spanning pretty much the entire spectrum. Its got a high degree of dilettantism, but you gotta admire the unusual range of angles.

They go from the above and a plethora of articles along the lines of "Racism" As a Leftist Scam To Re-Distribute Wealth, to a plea to act against global warming now, a Nigerian immigrant's "indictment of the United Kingdom and other governments" about how they "have allowed the nationalists and far rightists in their midst to dominate public discourse [..], and have [..] subjected immigrants like me to every type of ridicule and shame" and a "former Water Transportation official in Bangladesh" concluding defensively that "We, Muslims, in retaliation against the Danish cartoon controversery, couldn't have portrayed the picture "Piss-Christ" nor could we have vilified Virgin Mary".

Intriguing :wink:
0 Replies

vincep1974

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:08 pm
I'm confused by the facts asserted by some of you that , essentially, the Brussels Journal was reporting false infomation (intentionally)

On March 15, The Brussels Journal made this post:

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1977

Utrecht Riots: Neighbourhood Closed Off
From the desk of Paul Belien on Thu, 2007-03-15 09:10
The Dutch police deny that the police officer who killed Rinie Mulder is of Moroccan or Turkish descent. Esther, a Dutch blogger, refers to a post on a Moroccan website saying the police officer is Turkish, not Moroccan. The post has, however, been removed. Yesterday, we reported, relying on sources in Ondiep, that the officer was a Moroccan woman.

end quote.

What is irresponsible about that? The least you could have done is verify YOUR facts before making allegations of your own.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:29 pm
They were verified. Here on this thread.

And welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

vincep1974

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
Thanks.. Sorry for the tone of my message yesterday. I was in a bad mood and i probably made bad first impression.
0 Replies