Argentina in August

Pitter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:01 am
I'm planning a trip to Argentina next month (August). We want to travel around the country for two weeks. What temperatures should we expect (not planning on summiting Acancagua) and will we need down jackets and other winter clothes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,967 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:34 am
Depends on where you go. It can get cold. Definitely take some type of jackets.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:37 am
http://www.geographyiq.com/countries/ar/Argentina_climate_f.htm

Some weather stats for you, Pitter.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 11:29 am
Thank you, that site certainly has the answer.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:01 pm
You're welcome!
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:54 pm
AUGUST IN ARGENTINA
Pitter - Several years ago we were in Buenos Aires in August. (Just checked the passport: There's an August 10 stamp.) We had lightweight down jackets with us (L.L. Bean) and mighty glad we did. We took a boat ride on the Rio Plata and the jackets were perfect. We wore our caps, too. However, I remember wishing that we had brought gloves so we could take our hands out of our pockets. Our other clothing was mostly jeans and tees. Plus a sweater or two and lightweight jackets - the kind you buy in a university "bookstore," nylon with the thin cotton flannel lining.

The down jackets roll up to fit into a small drawstring package - which we picked up in another store. Our own innovation.

Have a great trip!
[/color] Smile
0 Replies