Progressive Germans

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 12:13 pm
German brothel offers pensioners 50 percent off
Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:09PM GMT

BERLIN (Reuters) - A brothel in Germany hopes to capitalise on the growing number of pensioners by offering them a 50 percent discount for sex in the afternoon.

The "Pascha" in the western city of Cologne has introduced reduced rates for sex sessions for clients aged 66 and above -- provided they can prove they are old enough.

"All clients need to do is show us some proof of age," said a spokesman for the brothel's managing director Armin Lobscheid. "A 'normal session' costs 50 euros (34.20 pounds) with us -- and we're now paying 50 percent of that for these older guests."

"We don't earn as much money, but we're establishing ourselves across a broader range of age groups," he added.

After testing the water with reductions for senior citizens once a week, the Pascha decided earlier this month to offer 50 percent off sex services between midday and 5 p.m. every day.

"There's been plenty of demand and people have certainly been taking advantage of the offer," the spokesman said. "Older folks are more active than you think."

The brothel's Web site is keen to stress this point.

"Life begins at 66!" it says in an advert for its "senior citizens afternoon" next to a picture of a motorcycle rider.

It's too bad we can't have things like this in the States.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 768 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Francis

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 12:46 pm
Re: Progressive Germans
McGentrix wrote:
Life begins at 66!".

One would think life begins at 69!

Cool
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 12:56 pm
Sprung-forth durch technik!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 01:10 pm
When I was a student living in NYC, I briefly rented a crappy room over looking what was then the peep show district. Many of these places offered senior discounts in the morning and often there would be a line of old guys - some in gray suits, some in dated thrift shop sweaters, a few leaning on walkers or canes and many wearing dark sunglasses- all qued up to get the booth of their choice by 11 am. My favorite was a regular guy who wore a Daniel Boone style hat and red cowboy boots, no matter what the weather, I always wondered if it was some how part of his peep show fantasy or if he was old enough to remember the wild west. I also thought that the only thing that gets men to stop thinking about sex is death.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 03:54 pm
Quote:
"All clients need to do is show us some proof of age,"

what proof ? Shocked
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 09:27 pm
So some pensioners get their ends wet.

We all like sex, why shouldn't old tuetonic farts get to join in the fun?

Nothing degrading about women selling their bodies to said old farts. Afterall, they are Women and They Roar...while they bend over.

Something ironic about this brothel being called Pascha.

In german, it means male chauvinist.

It can't be missed that it shares a pronounciation with Pasha, a honorific of Turkish (read muslims) origin.

Perhaps the owners of the brothel are quite clever indeed.

Pushy European muslims are hardly likely to crack a wry grin over this story.

Will the Turkish masters of Germany in 2018 allow pensioners to buy love?

One doubts it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 12:40 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Something ironic about this brothel being called Pascha.

In german, it means male chauvinist.

It can't be missed that it shares a pronounciation with Pasha, a honorific of Turkish (read muslims) origin.

Perhaps the owners of the brothel are quite clever indeed.

Pushy European muslims are hardly likely to crack a wry grin over this story.

Will the Turkish masters of Germany in 2018 allow pensioners to buy love?

One doubts it.

A couple of (larger) brothels are/were called 'Pascha' from the 60's of last century onwards.
The idea behind it was to get the prostitutes back from the street in clean houses.

The name just refers to the Turkish equivalent of the British "Lord" - certainly in the background, tobngue in cheek, the other, colloquial meaning in German of a domineering, determined man (not chauvinist).

I have never heard that any Muslims complained about that - actually, the Cologne Pascha is known to attract many Muslims.

Since 2002, the ownership of the Cologne-Pascha is a Limited Company, with houses in Dresden, Munich and Salzburg (Austria).
All the prostitutes are legally employed, pay taxes, get insurance and pay in pension fonds.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:03 am
the word "pascha" has been in the german language longer than i've been around Shocked .

certainly in hamburg that title would be bestowed on anyone living the good life .
another expression used was "living like god in france" ("er lebt wie gott in frankreich") ; simply meaning living "high off the hog" .
but people connected high living more with a pascha or god living in france rather than anything connected with a hog .
hbg
0 Replies