[normal]Right Side of "New Posts" Page Cut Off

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:01 pm
This morning, on the "New Posts" page, the printing on the right was cut off. You could not see the column, "last post". The other A2K pages were fine. Some time later, the "New Posts" page appeared to "right" itself, so I removed my post which described the problem..

When I turned on A2K this evening, I found the same thing happening. Anybody know why?

Addendum: A few minutes later, the page "righted" itself again. ????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:14 pm
When reporting transitive issues and ghost bugs it's important to document them well.

It's most likely a problem on your end and I wasted a bit of time looking around on a2k's end.

So the botoom line is it's not possible to say why with no information.

Since it's a problem on your end it's also likely to be impossible for me to say why even with information. Such is life.

If it happens again take a screenshot, copy the source code etc etc.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:17 pm
What got to me was that it never happened before, and it happened twice today. Before I wrote the original post I checked through a lot of web pages, (A2K in addition to many others) and they all were fine, except for that "New Posts" page.

Dumb question- Where do I find the source code? Embarrassed
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:26 pm
In IE it's View > source

Phoenix,

Browsers of all types exhibit odd behavior every now and then. Heck on CNN last night i was unable to open any pages with IE but was able to with Netscape.

I was able to open many sites other than cnn with IE.

The problem was still on my end. And for that reason CNN wouldn't have tried to help me with it. They simply cannot solve that kind of problem.

What you mention is most likely just a glitch on your machine. And as it's a disappearing a nd reappearing problem it will be hard to solve.

Thing is, with this particular problem I'm only interested in a screenshot for curiosity. It's not something I can afford to get into anyway. I can't chase ghosts, expecially when they are on the end user's machine.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:30 pm
Craven- Thanks for the info. If it happens again, I will send you the source code, and the screen shot.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:31 pm
The screen shot is probably the most telling, because there might have just been a graphic not loading that was causing a horizontal scroll or some such.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 02:15 am
I know the problem. It was a wide (long) topic name.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:08 pm
I've had that problem from time to time. But, as Craven says, I assumed it was at my end and never reported it. Doesn't happen too often but it's damned annoying when it does.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:28 pm
Aaaaacccchhhh!
Craven is using my old "peanut butter bread on cat - perpetual motion" avatar!

Cruel as ever, Craven!
0 Replies